2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its a tough one, he can spell Catterick correctly but then would have to do that thing where he has to make the k tiny to fit it in which looks terrible.

Good spelling or good penmanship, its a tough call.
Exactly this went through my head.

He clearly started too big with the "SACK" line and realised he had to reign it in.

He could've gone with the old "Catt'rick" - that would've satisfied most requirements.

perhaps, it was something the whole fanbase indulged in though a few months ago. But he's also handled a very tricky situation expertly. he's also brought in Townsend and Gray for buttons, probably our best players at the moment. When's the last time we spotted two bargains in the same window? The football is also five times better than last year.

…regardless of me not wanting him appointed, he’s done fine so far.

I just find it odd that a few on here give him absolute hero worship. I was a bit surprised he wasn’t praised for the Goodison grass looking so good.

this is what I can't get my head around. You and many others treat Benitez like he is something the cat dragged in. He's won major trophies and signed brilliant players his whole career. He is ten times the manager Martinez or Silva where, five times better than Allardyce and Moyes, he's been one of the top five managers in the world these last 20 years.
Mate there's hyperbole, but to suggest that Benitez is in the top5 managers of the last 2 decades is simply absurd even from a Benitez fanboy.
He wouldn't even get in the top 15.
Off the top of my head
Heynckes
Hitzfeld
Capello
Del Bosque
Simeone
Lippi
Allegri
Tuchel
Wenger
Ferguson
Klopp
Mourinho
Guardiola
Conte
Ancelotti.

The fact that you think Allardyce is a better manager tha Moyed tells us a lot about your football knowledge and philosophy.

Good luck with the Benitez fan club. You seem.to have a few new members.

Mate there's hyperbole, but to suggest that Benitez is in the top5 managers of the last 2 decades is simply absurd even from a Benitez fanboy.
Off the top of my head
Heynckes
Hitzfeld
Capello
Del Bosque
Simeone
Lippi
Allegri
Tuchel
Wenger
Ferguson
Klopp
Mourinho
Guardiola
Conte
Ancelotti.

The fact that you think Allardyce is a better manager tha Moyed tells us a lot about your football knowledge and philosophy.

You forgot Nils Arne Eggen. The best coach of them all.

Off the top of my head
Heynckes no, should've one the league at Madrid
Hitzfeld no
Capello no
Del Bosque Yes
Simeone Par
Lippi No
Allegri Dont know
Tuchel No, not yet
Wenger Yes
Ferguson Yes
Klopp Yes
Mourinho hmmm
Guardiola Yes
Conte yes, i guess?
Ancelotti. yes

My dead dog could be managing Bayern Munich & they'd still be champions
A lot of these managers only trained star studded squads & have a different profile. I dont think Fabio Capello would do Everton ANY good.

The letter “e” was still rationed then (and would be until 1968 when Armstrong brought so many back from the moon), he has done well to get the two on the sign already, probably they were recycled from captured German torpedo boats.
Exactly this went through my head.

He clearly started too big with the "SACK" line and realised he had to reign it in.

He could've gone with the old "Catt'rick" - that would've satisfied most requirements.
The sign was probably make on the Wednesday afternoon and his local greengrocers' (you always used to see greengrocers' using up spare apostrophes their window signs before they went off) - the usual local supplier of off the shelf apostrophes was closed.
He probably didn't have time to apply to The Apostropher Royal, Sir D'Anville O'M'Darlin' for a special dispensation.

Last edited:
A lot of these managers only trained star studded squads & have a different profile. I dont think Fabio Capello would do Everton ANY good.
Hitzfeld is absolutely a yes. A great manager, seemingly will never get the credit he deserves...

You are right about the Capello thing. Certain managers are better in certain situations.

That wasn't the issue.
Clearly Ancelotti was a bad fit.
Probably Mourinho would fail here as well.

The sign was probably make on the Wednesday afternoon and his local greengrocers' (you always used to see greengrocers' using up spare aphodtrophies on their window signs before they went off) - the usual local supplier of off the shelf apostrophes was closed.
He probably didn't have time to apply to The Apostropher Royal, Sir D'Anville O'M'Darlin' for a special dispensation.

"apostrophes" or "Aphrodites" ???? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.