2021/22 Asmir Begovic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sitting on sporting lisbons bench currently bud - genius innit.

It just shows how desperate for cash we are. We probably got an initial loan fee for Virginia. I don't think he's the answer but he is better than both Begovic and Lonergan. Nkounkou loan stinks of the same probably got a small loan fee. It's shocking when things come to that.

I think, could be wrong, that Roma were asking for money. It was money (£4m reportedly) that we didn't have/weren't able to spend, so we moved for Begovic.

Roma didn't find a buyer for Olsen so loaned him back out. Be a good player for Sheff Utd

From what I know I don't think his family ever left Manchester either
We offered £32m for Diaz, £8m for some rb in Scotland and £15m for dumfries. We did have the money.

We offered £32m for Diaz, £8m for some rb in Scotland and £15m for dumfries. We did have the money.

I love the optimism, but whilst I'm at the lowest of the low, I can't help but think that we may have reverted to old tricks with "fake" bids.

I just can't for the life of me, figure out why we wouldn't bid £15m to get Dumfries, if we had money.

I love the optimism, but whilst I'm at the lowest of the low, I can't help but think that we may have reverted to old tricks with "fake" bids.

I just can't for the life of me, figure out why we wouldn't bid £15m to get Dumfries, if we had money.

According to a couple of reports out there, Benitez wasn't convinced by Dumfries and didn't want to spend so much of the budget on him.

Nope, he went to Inter for €15m. We couldn't match that at the time mate. That's how tight it was with FFP. Also, seems Benitez wasn't sold on Dumfries at all so maybe we'd have never gone back in for him once he was appointed (he was definitely a target pre-Bentiez though).

We offered money plus James for Diaz. That'll have been us paying part of James' wages too.

But yes, reckon we had about £15-20m to play with towards the end of the window (as in, how we could phase the deals out).

We didn't have more than that though mate and I wouldn't describe £20m as a 'warchest'.

I think we should have a bit more leeway and a bit more of a budget in January. But we never do business in January...

Why do you believe that mate? Begovic was unlucky with a couple of the pens, and the only reason their keeper saved one was because the penalty Tom Davies took was more like a pass-back. That said, at the end of the day, the game should have been won by us in 90 minutes.
I think the hand that he gets to a couple of them Pickford saves. Confidence thing with him. He’s got a great record for saving pens in shootouts, especially after the euros.

Status
Not open for further replies.