2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not true at all amigo.
1. He has not handled the James situation well , no one comes out of that with any credit.
2. The football is not 5 times better than last season. At the start of the season Ancelotti had us playing wonderful stuff inspired by James who you seem to detest.
Admittedly the second half of the season was dire truly as bad as anything under Allardyce.
In the first few games of Benitez we have seen patches of very good football and some slow turgid stuff. We seem to play in spurts.
3. Townsend and Gray seem like bargains , interesting that you didn't mention Begovic and Rondon.

So a bit of balance from yourself would be nice. Not everything is black and white amigo.
Interesting that you didn't mention Begovic and Rondon. ??

They are only playing because of injury, they are not first team players, the business he has done when you ad in punting James is fantastic

you'd rather have Carlo back?
Right OK...

So what metric are you using to decide on who is the "best manager of the past 40 years"?

Is it success over a career? Then its obviously Ancelotti isn't it?

Is it success at Everton? I think that is the better metric to use. So with that in mind how can you in any way shape or form say that Benitez is our best manager in 40 years when he has had what, 6 games in charge? (and even than Ancelotti would have a better record over the same timescale)

You comment was utter nonsense to cause a reaction, just admit it!

As for who I would rather have? Neither of them. I think they are both ill suited for us at this point in time.

So he’s better than Howard Kendall??

What a marvellous post; the kopite is now declared a better manager than not only our greatest manager, but one of our greatest players.

That’s an all new low
when do you think Howard took over as manager the first time?

Right OK...

So what metric are you using to decide on who is the "best manager of the past 40 years"?

Is it success over a career? Then its obviously Ancelotti isn't it?

Is it success at Everton? I think that is the better metric to use. So with that in mind how can you in any way shape or form say that Benitez is our best manager in 40 years when he has had what, 6 games in charge? (and even than Ancelotti would have a better record over the same timescale)

You comment was utter nonsense to cause a reaction, just admit it!

As for who I would rather have? Neither of them. I think they are both ill suited for us at this point in time.
this is what I can't get my head around. You and many others treat Benitez like he is something the cat dragged in. He's won major trophies and signed brilliant players his whole career. He is ten times the manager Martinez or Silva where, five times better than Allardyce and Moyes, he's been one of the top five managers in the world these last 20 years.

So we needed to beat Sheffield United 8-0, and West Ham to lose at Southampton (they won 3-0)

So there wasn't a chance of Europe then?

So we needed to better Tottenham's result.

So going into the game, we weren't to know if Spurs were going to win.

Spurs finished 7th and qualified for Europe, which at the start of the season was our target.

May 1981

He left in 87; which was less than 40 years ago.

Well done Kev, a great way to piss on Howard’s grave. Cheers
40 years since he was appointed and 34 since the great man left clutching a title but our latest manager half a dozen games in having lost the last two is better than him . It’s absolutely shameful some people sing “and if you know your history “ , im embarrassed.

May 1981

He left in 87; which was less than 40 years ago.

Well done Kev, a great way to piss on Howard’s grave. Cheers

40 years since he was appointed and 34 since the great man left clutching a title but our latest manager half a dozen games in having lost the last two is better than him . It’s absolutely shameful some people sing “and if you know your history “ , im embarrassed.

Pretty certain it was a WUM post and you've just given him what he wants to be honest

Either that or he needs to lay off the cooking sherry when he eats his breakfast

Not true at all amigo.
1. He has not handled the James situation well , no one comes out of that with any credit.
2. The football is not 5 times better than last season. At the start of the season Ancelotti had us playing wonderful stuff inspired by James who you seem to detest.
Admittedly the second half of the season was dire truly as bad as anything under Allardyce.
In the first few games of Benitez we have seen patches of very good football and some slow turgid stuff. We seem to play in spurts.
3. Townsend and Gray seem like bargains , interesting that you didn't mention Begovic and Rondon.

So a bit of balance from yourself would be nice. Not everything is black and white amigo.
Let's wait and see. Too early to conclude. But we must also keep in mind that if we look at Ancelotti's time at Everton as a whole, those matches at the start of last season were not normal. Ancelotti's first 20 games as manager of Everton were not fireworks.

this is what I can't get my head around. You and many others treat Benitez like he is something the cat dragged in. He's won major trophies and signed brilliant players his whole career. He is ten times the manager Martinez or Silva where, five times better than Allardyce and Moyes, he's been one of the top five managers in the world these last 20 years.
But but but:

1. He couldnt keep NUFC up (ignoring the fact he got them back up & up to tenth spending nothing (selling to buy))
2. He coulnt win the title at Liverpool with Gerrard, Alonso, Mascherano, Torres. (ignoring he bought all those players in the first place
3. He mainly buys dross. Look at the above. Look at his last tenure at Naples. Look at Gray & Townsend

I get some don't want him, but he is a quality manager. He'll never be as good as Kendall, but who will?

I think they’ll definitely participate in the rendition of YNWA; one big family
Screenshot_20210924_101730_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox.jpg
in unison together before they all sing hey raffy youre so fine

Status
Not open for further replies.