Match Thread Queens Park Rangers v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Nkounkou thing was madness, Kean I get because he was desperate to leave, Nkounkou is mind boggling. We might have to play 4 centre halves against Norwich at home!
Do you know what I would have been all over this until recently had no idea until tonight about Nkounkou, the malaise is setting in good and proper.

the strange thing is I am less arsed about losing to QPR than I would have been in any of the last 20 years or so. Benitez appointment really did drain some of the enthusiasm and fandom out of me. I even remember being more arsed about the BFS era than this. I wish this wasn't the case but it just seems to be so.
End of last season under Carlo was pretty dire but I was still excited by the prospect of Carlo, James, Allan, Godfrey, etc this year. Now its all about rondon and begovic and the FSW - I just dont seem as enthused - is anyon e else suffering from this malaise?
Yea, I am

Do people still care about this competition? Ok, we shouldn’t be going out of domestic cups (especially when we’re not in Europe) to lower league teams but I really struggle to see the fume. City win this every year for a reason.

His track record in domestic cups is also abysmal. Anyone who knows a kopite or a Geordie will tell you this. It’s nothing new. Again, this doesn’t make it ok but this isn’t an “Everton” thing. It’s a thing with this manager unfortunately.

Do people still care about this competition? Ok, we shouldn’t be going out of domestic cups (especially when we’re not in Europe) to lower league teams but I really struggle to see the fume. City win this every year for a reason.

His track record in domestic cups is also abysmal. Anyone who knows a kopite or a Geordie will tell you this. It’s nothing new. Again, this doesn’t make it ok but this isn’t an “Everton” thing. It’s a thing with this manager unfortunately.

He’s won a domestic cup mate

Carlo got beat by Liverpool reserves.....the good old days of Carlo.

I will never get this attitude. We have, legit, 2 possible things we can win in any given year. The league isn't one of them. There's no difference in winning the FA Cup or the Carling Cup. Acting like we're too good for one of the competitions is just hilarious considering we've won sweet FA for 25+ years.

Very Good, Looked Like He Gave a Damn
Townsend

Decent
Gordon

OK
Digne

Poor
Begovic
Holgate
Godfrey

Abysmal, Putrid, Catastrophic
Gomes
Davies
Iwobi
Kenny

Did Not Do Enough to Influence the Proceedings, Someone Should Have Been Able to Come On and Put This Game Away, Yes They Played Well But FFS This Is A Championship Side
All subs

So Bad He Didn't Even Look Like a Professional Footballer
Rondon

Brands needs to be held to account for this shambles of a squad. Why did we release our backup left back ? Why don’t we have a backup right back ? Why did we wait until deadline day to sign a backup striker from a farmers league at the age of 32. Horrible decisions and we need to make our voices heard to get this fraud out of our club.

Status
Not open for further replies.