2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
So rondon isn’t a carthorse but James is ?

also who was the carthorse ancelotti was playing upfront instead of kean in the 19/20 season just so I can get my head around who you consider a carthorse , get my bearings so to speak

“Who said we shouldn't? I dont decide who plays every week

forward your concerns to Mr Ancelotti I would happily play Kean over that carthorse we have up top but in fairness Kean hasn't exactly been putting in good performances has he? Traore may not have had much end product but even before Wolves he was a good player in terms of pace/power just had no end product - if Kean showed that maybe he would get more time on the pitch”

It looks like it might be DCL , which I know seems ridiculous so probably isn’t so I can’t help but wonder if it is if you’ve maybe got a different understanding of the word than the rest of us or something.

I dont know what you're waffling on about mate?

Rondon is neither a bad player or a slow one (he's half fit so looks knackered at present).

Off Topic
The defeated. Hard luck guys.
Hey mate, the MEGA team is doing a sweep for mutant interlopers.

You have been flagged as a potential massive wrongun, sorry.

Can you please complete the following test, it is simple and gives the community clarity.

You can pick only one of the following options.

Option 1 - You want a weaker Everton team and weaker bench/subs?

or

Option 2 - You want a stronger Everton team and stronger bench/subs?

There are no other options as an opt-out or attempted deflection would be akin to standing up and shouting;

"HEY, LOOK AT ME, I'M A RAGING MUTANT!"

Good luck ?

I'm just mad it's ending at a time we can't bring anyone in and I don't trust our recruitment to change that in January tbh
Completely hamstrung by our supermarket sweep approach over the past 5 years. Every manager (up until the current one) has been given substantial funds and we're now paying for it. I doubt we'll 'spend' in January, a couple of loans maybe.

That's the problem with having a Dof who isn't allowed to direct the football strategy, each manager bringing in his own players with no overall plan.

That's not saying we'd definitely be more competitive following the model our DoF has, but it's weird keeping him around if he's unable to carry out the role because our owner is obsessed with big personality managers.

Anyway, wrong thread. Can't wait to see our team news in 3 hrs :drunk:

I'm just mad it's ending at a time we can't bring anyone in and I don't trust our recruitment to change that in January tbh
Yea, whatever your opinion on James, the clubs hierarchy has to be to blame here.
I'm not even blaming Brands or recruitment.
It's quite possible that his hands are tied by what ever decisions Moshiri makes.
I doubt Brands ever wanted James.
Moshiri likely gave Anchelotti what ever he wanted (James) and then did the same for Benitez (no James).
And then turns around to Brands and points out that we're screwed by FFP and he should fix it.
It's all heresy but it seems to me that when it comes to dishing out blame for this mess, James himself is way down the pecking order.

funny the interview with Benitez for tonight's game. As he talks about the lads training it must have been recorded yesterday. They ask him about any players returning and he said no James/Gbamin as they had injuries. While James jetted off on Sunday lol
The James injury fixation is a symptom of the manager's mental issues. Hopefully, he can avoid Toblerone and road trips.

James isn't a carthorse.

He's a second hand 1996 Porsche 911 turbo with a flat tyre and a knocking engine. No way anybody buys that, except for export to Africa
at the moment we've got a few cheap mountain bikes and a childs scooter up front,
Maybe we should change the tire and try to keep that engine ticking over for 6 more months.

I dont know what you're waffling on about mate?

Rondon is neither a bad player or a slow one (he's half fit so looks knackered at present).
Ha ha apologies for my waffling

1)You’re adamant Rondon isn’t a carthorse

2)You also described a player who was starting upfront for Everton in the 19/20 season keeping kean out of the first team as a carthorse . I can only assume that’s DCL , I could only paste your words as the thread was shut. If you clarify it isn’t then apologies .

3) you consider James a carthorse

I don’t think I’d describe Rondon as a carthorse but gun to my head out of those three he’s absolutely the one I’d go for .As a result I wondered if perhaps there was a different definition i’d missed that covered your stance . If there is Feel free to share really I suppose .

hopefully that’s clearer .

Hey mate, the MEGA team is doing a sweep for mutant interlopers.

You have been flagged as a potential massive wrongun, sorry.

Can you please complete the following test, it is simple and gives the community clarity.

You can pick only one of the following options.

Option 1 - You want a weaker Everton team and weaker bench/subs?

or

Option 2 - You want a stronger Everton team and stronger bench/subs?

There are no other options as an opt-out or attempted deflection would be akin to standing up and shouting;

"HEY, LOOK AT ME, I'M A RAGING MUTANT!"

Good luck ?
Apologies if it was not clear in the above and in relation to the context of the thread but option 1 is hopefully clear that it relates to selling blue hero James, option 2 for keeping blue hero James.

I don’t think I’d describe Rondon as a carthorse
Erm...
20210921163432.jpg

@alwaysblue - least you are getting your money’s worth for the thread sponsorship atm mate , grand total of 14 pages on the Delph thread by comparison lol

On topic - I’d prefer James to be staying but as soon as Ancelotti left it was likely and all but certain once Benitez was chosen he’d leave.

Some people have chemistry together, others don’t and even outside the rarified world of football it is often more trouble than it is worth to try overcome the differences.

I want what's best for the club and I want our players and staff to want to be here just like the majority of our fanbase are through thick and thin. Agree mate?
It's great to understand your perspective mate. You clearly would have thrown Rooney and Barkley out of the academy. Never bought Lukaku or Stones and truth be known wouldn't have gone for Richy. Better to have our boys like Hibbert and Osman.

Status
Not open for further replies.