2021/22 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
We most definitely are, we have been static since 1995. Sometimes qualified for the UEFA Cup that’s about it. Fulham and Middlesbrough both got the final of it, we’ve never got close.

We have 9 league titles yes, but most won before football became properly competitive and all you needed to win the league was a raffle ticket and good luck.

5 FA Cups, meh.
0 League Cups.
1 CWC, again, meh.

Not including charity shields because I’m not a star padding little virgin.
You sir are an idiot.

I was 4 last time we won something. David moyes days are the lofty heights of my lifetime. Couple of trips to see us lose at Wembley and a 4th place finish once.

I mean we hired allardyce.

I love our history, but it's not recent. I was chatting with a Leicester fan on sat and he was talking about how great we were in the 80s. Over 30 years ago now. How long does it stay relevant?
Your last sentence. The $64000 question.
For me it's as long as I'm drawing breath. Because I've seen us lift the title trophy four times, myself and others from my age group are naturally stuck with the mindset we're still a big side. The fact is that as each year passes without a trophy we slip out of the collective memory of football fans who see us a big club. It's up to us the fans, to keep us relevant and a hats off to our marvellous travelling fans for reminding the Brightons, Leicester and suchlike for doing just that.

We have 9 league titles yes, but most won before football became properly competitive and all you needed to win the league was a raffle ticket and good luck.
I hope you're winding everybody up again.
Football in the old days was way more competitive & interesting than it is now. Clough getting Nottingham Forest from the 2nd division to the EC-final twice is magic and makes people dream.
Man Utd getting relegated, Everton, Leeds, Aston Villa champions, ... Now it's impossible.

We most definitely are, we have been static since 1995. Sometimes qualified for the UEFA Cup that’s about it. Fulham and Middlesbrough both got the final of it, we’ve never got close.

5 FA Cups, meh.
0 League Cups.
1 CWC, again, meh.

Wow

A few folk will have eyes opened when James finally leaves (and I worry he drags it out to the summer) and the full truth of his complete disinterest in kicking a football for us gradually comes out...some of the excuses and steps he has taken to avoid selection H2 last year and so far this year are quite impressive if half of the off record whispers from press guys & agents of other players at the club are true

A few folk will have eyes opened when James finally leaves (and I worry he drags it out to the summer) and the full truth of his complete disinterest in kicking a football for us gradually comes out...some of the excuses and steps he has taken to avoid selection H2 last year and so far this year are quite impressive if half of the off record whispers from press guys & agents of other players at the club are true

What do these whispers entail?

The more he plays, the more we pays.

450k a day last I heard

5 FA Cups, meh.
0 League Cups.
1 CWC, again, meh.

People will genuinely tell you with a straight face that we’re still a bigger club than Chelsea because we’ve won about 2 more league titles than them.

He thinks he is bigger than the club. He isn't.
He wants to go and stroll around in the billionaires playground. That sums him up.

I'm really not a*sed by any of it. stay, go, whatever. This club tends to just pull the life out of you no matter who's at fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.