2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

We weren't actually that bad today. I mean another day Cash has a swing with his left and misses, Digne clears it and Begovic saves the shot at his chest and it is 0-0. Or Gray finds the corner before all that and it is 1-0 and it all changes. We played similarly to the other games but it shows why we've got to be slightly better in key areas. Gray impressed me again but Townsend, Doucoure and to some extent Iwobi were all poor at making decisions in key areas. That's what holds us back a lot right now. We're actually in good areas a lot and need to start creating presentable chances more regularly.

Maybe a hot take but I'm not too worried about us defensively. We're still not being opened up that much. I have no idea what happened on the Bailey goal but the Cash one is one of the few times we've been played through all year. It was unrealistic to think it would never happen. Hopefully when Pickford is back we get a save or two when it goes wrong.
We had a bad half when pretty much everything went wrong, it happens. We move on hopefully.

For some years now none of the top managers have given Rodriguez the time of day because of his attitude. Only his mate Carlo has any time for him. He is disloyal, self centred and going down the far side of the hill at a rapid pace. I said halfway through last season that James R would never spark the longed for 'Everton Revival' and I was right.

…I’m not particularly disagreeing, Steve, I always said we were a short stop in his career journey. I’m just pointing out it’s entirely reasonable for posters to highlight his non-inclusion. I admit to not particularly noticing it until it was pointed out.

I do think he’s a talent, though, and even if he doesn’t start games he could be utilised.

The outpouring of self satisfied delight at an Everton defeat is shameful, but not at all surprising. One or two names have been totally silent for weeks and now they are out of their holes celebrating.
abe-simpson-abe-simpson-cloud.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.