Match Thread Aston Villa v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Screenshot_20210918-152302.jpg

This game should be a good barometer of the progress made under Benitez.
Personally I think it's a 50/50 game and none of the 3 results would surprise me. No doubt we are capable of winning this one but I suspect that Villa will be quietly confident too.
They played well against Chelsea and still got spanked.
They will come at us enabling us to play on the break.
Going to sit on the fence and say 1-1.

This game should be a good barometer of the progress made under Benitez.
Personally I think it's a 50/50 game and none of the 3 results would surprise me. No doubt we are capable of winning this one but I suspect that Villa will be quietly confident too.
They played well against Chelsea and still got spanked.
They will come at us enabling us to play on the break.
Going to sit on the fence and say 1-1.

Luckily and both unluckily for us, in the early stage of the season there seems to be no real consistency in team performances from all teams, the bigger teams always find a way but each game is a brand new story ans rythem and its all about in game management

So that being said I don't think we should look at their performance against Chelsea and say they going to be at the same level. They could arrive totally flat as could we.

Would love to see the Douc given license to roam as per the second half against Burnley. For that we'll need a 4-man defence. God and Mina of possible please. Gomes to start, Towner and Demarai on the wings.

Status
Not open for further replies.