New Everton Stadium Discussion

1631923773065.png

looks like the stadium's been built!!

View attachment 139367

looks like the stadium's been built!!

It'll look brilliant down there if that's how it ends up, town will be bigger and we'll be right there on the front of it, I heard the stadium called the fourth grace the other day from someone within the club (I think), I thought that will have the kopites fuming, so I'm all for that name sticking ?

It'll look brilliant down there if that's how it ends up, town will be bigger and we'll be right there on the front of it, I heard the stadium called the fourth grace the other day from someone within the club (I think), I thought that will have the kopites fuming, so I'm all for that name sticking ?
Descarte's famous existentialism stated "I think, therefore I am"...I like your slant on that.

The club and LOR aren’t happy about the drones. I imagine once building work starts picking up steam they’ll start to clamp down on them more as I can’t imagine they’ll want drones flying about (that they haven’t instructed to do so) while they’ve got cranes in place.

The club and LOR also don’t like subcontractors putting pictures on social media, which is why if they are picked up they are often deleted shortly after they’ve been posted.
The club are deleting twitter tweets?

That's all I was saying. That the story was highly suspect given the loan proposal from the Combined Liverpool City Region Authorities.

I'm of the belief the stadium will be built, but this is Everton - and after 4 failed attempts only a fool would hand that lot their complete confidence.

If I had a cynical hat on it would be that whilst the council had their problems under Joe Anderson, Everton didn’t want their stadium financing to get entangled with that. Now that’s hopefully cleared they’ve probably thrown the council a bone by letting them into the patchwork of finance. Interest on a 40 mill loan is still money flowing into the public coffers rather than to a bank.

The club and LOR aren’t happy about the drones. I imagine once building work starts picking up steam they’ll start to clamp down on them more as I can’t imagine they’ll want drones flying about (that they haven’t instructed to do so) while they’ve got cranes in place.

The club and LOR also don’t like subcontractors putting pictures on social media, which is why if they are picked up they are often deleted shortly after they’ve been posted.
I sort of alluded to it in a previous post that the drone footage suggests the operators are not complying with the regulations in terms of flying a UAV.

If they really want it to stop, they could report the potential offences, but again would that be good PR for the club?

In terms of social media, all you need is the club to put in place a NDA with their subcontractors and they'd happen far less frequently. But again, good PR?

If I had a cynical hat on it would be that whilst the council had their problems under Joe Anderson, Everton didn’t want their stadium financing to get entangled with that. Now that’s hopefully cleared they’ve probably thrown the council a bone by letting them into the patchwork of finance. Interest on a 40 mill loan is still money flowing into the public coffers rather than to a bank.
I doint know about that. Those councils are elected by politicians who have a short term goal of keeping in power, and being seen to hand cash to one club is potentially damaging (as Rotheram's intervention intimates). The financial benefit from investment will be long term, and local politicians work to that shorter cycle.

I sort of alluded to it in a previous post that the drone footage suggests the operators are not complying with the regulations in terms of flying a UAV.

If they really want it to stop, they could report the potential offences, but again would that be good PR for the club?

In terms of social media, all you need is the club to put in place a NDA with their subcontractors and they'd happen far less frequently. But again, good PR?

They have that in place which is why a lot of the stuff is deleted shortly after going up.

They have that in place which is why a lot of the stuff is deleted shortly after going up.
Anything with match footage is removed by the Premier League, but all the drone stuff is still up.

I don’t know enough about what’s legal with drones - I know there are places like airports and military bases where it’s absolutely illegal to fly them, but I’m not sure about construction sites.

You’d think cranes going up will change things from a safety perspective - but even then, there’s nothing stopping drones flying over the Mersey, up close to the site, I’d imagine…

Anything with match footage is removed by the Premier League, but all the drone stuff is still up.

I don’t know enough about what’s legal with drones - I know there are places like airports and military bases where it’s absolutely illegal to fly them, but I’m not sure about construction sites.

You’d think cranes going up will change things from a safety perspective - but even then, there’s nothing stopping drones flying over the Mersey, up close to the site, I’d imagine…
Well you'd imagine that, given the land is private property now with many people operating dangerous machinery, the club will stop drones flying over and getting too close to the site. Drones can malfunction and you wouldn't want one of those to fall on your head from 150m in the air.