Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The boss pre Villa P/C

Benitez on Everton's start to the season

I will not say it was perfect because we drew against Leeds, but pretty close to perfection... The connection between players, fans is so good. We are really pleased with everything & hopefully can continue in this way

Benitez on Everton's comeback trait
The other day in the first half, we were not playing well & the fans were expecting a reaction. They were patient... I think, thanks to that belief & the connection with the players, we could do it

Benitez on James Rodriguez/DCL
He's training & these kind of weeks when you train after having a day off is not easy. We will have to see how he trains in the next days
Benitez says DCL "we have to wait some weeks"

Benitez on Keane
Benitez says he was pleased for Michael Keane's confidence after the centre-back's goal against Burnley and that he feels the same for Andros Townsend and Demarai Gray after their strikes on Monday

Benitez on Villa
I think they proved the other day against Chelsea that, for a while, they were very dangerous. It's a team investing money in good players. The manager's doing a good job. It will be a tough game

Benitez on Eveton's unbeaten start
It's a lot of things. The first is to have good players, motivated & committed, to have good staff & people around you to make the right decisions; the support of the fans - all these things together makes you do things well

Benitez on Everton's areas for improvement
I don't like to concede first so we have to improve that... We have had some games where we can still improve in the transition & attacking play. But I'm pleased because we're moving forward, in the right direction

On EFC'S direct style this season
Benitez says he watched games from last season and thought the sides needed more crosses for the Blues forwards. He says football has to be a mix of keeping the ball and "going quickly forward."

Benitez on players
It is important to praise the players when they do well but, at the same time, you have to demand something more - because they can do it

Boss on improving Players
Benitez says managers have to adapt depending on the players they have. He adds that as a manager and a coach, it's his role to also improve the players at the club as well and that a lot of players "have tried to do their best" since his arrival

On winning over Everton fans
Benitez says he will try and do well "until the end." He says that he cannot changes emotions of those who "do not want to change" but think the majority of Blues fans will be pleased with his work so far

Benitez On guarding against inconsistency
Benitez says it's important to praise players who are doing well but also ensure that you are demanding more and keep pushing players in the right way

Rafael Benitez on Demarai Gray
I will not say he is desperate to do well but the fans can be pleased because he will try every day to improve, to score goals. He knows that he has to be consistent. I am supporting him but demanding from him every game

He's giving the doubters absolutely nothing to work with. The two players he signed for free prity much are bossing our games scoring and assisting in all of them. And his in-game management has won us a few games from losing positions. Every sub making an impact. Every formation change and tactical change has worked. Unbeaten.

'Yeah but we only scored 3 goals in 7 minutes, doesn't count' ... that's the type of shouts he has reduced them to.

He's amazing.

Haven’t you heard, it’s only possible to play well during times in which you scored goals. We’ve only played well for 10 minutes all season, it’s really not good enough.

The boss pre Villa P/C

I will not say it was perfect because we drew against Leeds, but pretty close to perfection... The connection between players, fans is so good. We are really pleased with everything & hopefully can continue in this way

The other day in the first half, we were not playing well & the fans were expecting a reaction. They were patient... I think, thanks to that belief & the connection with the players, we could do it

He's training & these kind of weeks when you train after having a day off is not easy. We will have to see how he trains in the next days

Benitez on Keane
Benitez says he was pleased for Michael Keane's confidence after the centre-back's goal against Burnley and that he feels the same for Andros Townsend and Demarai Gray after their strikes on Monday

Benitez on Villa
I think they proved the other day against Chelsea that, for a while, they were very dangerous. It's a team investing money in good players. The manager's doing a good job. It will be a tough game

It's a lot of things. The first is to have good players, motivated & committed, to have good staff & people around you to make the right decisions; the support of the fans - all these things together makes you do things well

I don't like to concede first so we have to improve that... We have had some games where we can still improve in the transition & attacking play. But I'm pleased because we're moving forward, in the right direction

Benitez says he watched games from last season and thought the sides needed more crosses for the Blues forwards. He says football has to be a mix of keeping the ball and "going quickly forward."

Benitez on players
It is important to praise the players when they do well but, at the same time, you have to demand something more - because they can do it

Benitez says managers have to adapt depending on the players they have. He adds that as a manager and a coach, it's his role to also improve the players at the club as well and that a lot of players "have tried to do their best" since his arrival

Benitez says he will try and do well "until the end." He says that he cannot changes emotions of those who "do not want to change" but think the majority of Blues fans will be pleased with his work so far

Benitez says it's important to praise players who are doing well but also ensure that you are demanding more and keep pushing players in the right way

I will not say he is desperate to do well but the fans can be pleased because he will try every day to improve, to score goals. He knows that he has to be consistent. I am supporting him but demanding from him every game
Ffs, will you stop saying all the right things Benitez. Its not fair.

"Benitez says managers have to adapt depending on the players they have. He adds that as a manager and a coach, it's his role to also improve the players at the club as well and that a lot of players "have tried to do their best" since his arrival"

How refreshing to hear after the Italian fraud failed to do that very thing
I think he improved the keeper & DCL but overall I agree with your sentiments

He's giving the doubters absolutely nothing to work with. The two players he signed for free prity much are bossing our games scoring and assisting in all of them. And his in-game management has won us a few games from losing positions. Every sub making an impact. Every formation change and tactical change has worked. Unbeaten.

'Yeah but we only scored 3 goals in 7 minutes, doesn't count' ... that's the type of shouts he has reduced them to.

He's amazing.

…”he’s amazing”.

Amazing.

The boss pre Villa P/C

Benitez on Keane

Benitez on Villa

Benitez on players

I cant believe he isn't resigning with the hand full of people on a football forum gunning for him. He's got some brass neck holding out against that.

It's early days sure.

But so far, he's in game decisions and selections have been excellent, one of the most tactically astute managers we've had in a long time able to make changes to the strategy when needed.

But that aside. I like him the most for one reason.
His player management, I've seen individual improvements in a few players that make them almost like new signings

Benitez being manager will not stop me going to the game but I fully understand fans who will not go while he is here.
He is totally a RS legend and that is unlikely to change though they do seem to have memory lapses over why he was sacked.
What can he do now to win supporters over?
Carry on winning , get us into the top four and win us a trophy. Nothing else will be good enough so if he isn't up to it he shouldn't have taken the gig.
No manager in world football could get us as 2 top 4 and win us a trophy in the near future. If that's your criteria we'd have no one to pick a team.

Status
Not open for further replies.