New Everton Stadium Discussion

The warehouse looks like it will be gone within a few days. Amazing how time flies, seems like yesterday when they said we'll look to get PP in by the end of that year and then we had the massive delay before they got back to us. Yet here we are on site and everything that needed levelling will be done soon.

Last edited:
Not difficult to re-instate is it, like i say losing out, could make a fortune

I'm not sure that it would be that easy to reinstate a bus terminal at the Pier head with the canal running through it. Perhaps easier on the Wirral side unless those bus services were lost /rationalised after deregulation or when the ferries became mainly a tourist attraction.

The other problem on the Bramley Moore dock side is that it is isolated by dock gates south of it. So a landing stage would only really serve the stadium site and adjacent Nelson Dock unless new bridges are built...... so the cost would probably fall on the club.

You would've thought that the spreading of the city centre along the waterfront might breath new life into the ferries though.... so you never know for yhe future.

The warehouse looks like it will be gone within a few days. Amazing how time flies, seems like yesterday when they said we'll look to get PP in by the end of the year and then we had the massive delay before they got back to us. Yet here we are on site and everything that needed levelling will be done soon.
Or April 2014 when the first news came out about it ?

The warehouse looks like it will be gone within a few days. Amazing how time flies, seems like yesterday when they said we'll look to get PP in by the end of that year and then we had the massive delay before they got back to us. Yet here we are on site and everything that needed levelling will be done soon.
It’s really motoring along. It looks like a proper building site already. It’s going to be so strange to watch the water disappear.

Does anyone ok now if the stadium is being at ground level or below ground level?
I know the dock is being drained then filled, however is it being filled completely or partially so the pitch is below ground level to give it that bear put vibe?

I think dock wall to dock wall is approx 120m wide. Regulation Pitch length is approx 100m which in the North-south alignment only leaves 10m gaps either end, which doesn't leave much room to go below quayside level. The east-west configuration could've gone into the dock basin a few metres to save height and some construction costs.

I think dock wall to dock wall is approx 120m wide. Regulation Pitch length is approx 100m which in the North-south alignment only leaves 10m gaps either end, which doesn't leave much room to go below quayside level. The east-west configuration could've gone into the dock basin a few metres to save height and some construction costs.
Thank you for that, Yeah I just had it in my head that I heard that it may be below ground level, not sure if that was a Dan meis interview