2021/22 Demarai Gray

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh what! I'm not the only Leicester fan on here?

He never got a proper run in the starting 11 for us. His end product was never really there so it's nice to see him scoring regularly
nEvEr HaD A pRoPeR rUn....

In 18/19 he started 23 league games alone, with 11 from the bench and a bundle more cup games. He got more minutes than any other winger we had.

"Where is that fan who said he's crap", if you read the post I pointed out he flattered to deceive, looking good and then being crap again not long after. FOUR managers couldn't get a tune out of him, even when we were doing well. He's played four games, you really need to chill out.

As I said, even if he's the inconsistent Gray, £1.5m is a bargain as a bang average championship winger would cost you £15m+ these days.

If you get a consistent tune out of him and he's changed his attitude then good for you. But perhaps you can actually take on board that we've seen him do very little for 4.5 years.

When are we selling him? He's gone from "lol waste of money average at best" but is now in real danger of becoming "he's too good for us lads as if he'll be here next season lmao the absolute state of yers take yer head out of the sand lad".

In 18/19 he started 23 league games alone, with 11 from the bench and a bundle more cup games. He got more minutes than any other winger we had.

"Where is that fan who said he's crap", if you read the post I pointed out he flattered to deceive, looking good and then being crap again not long after. FOUR managers couldn't get a tune out of him, even when we were doing well. He's played four games, you really need to chill out.

As I said, even if he's the inconsistent Gray, £1.5m is a bargain as a bang average championship winger would cost you £15m+ these days.

If you get a consistent tune out of him and he's changed his attitude then good for you. But perhaps you can actually take on board that we've seen him do very little for 4.5 years.
Gray has lacked an end product, and possibly he has taken his talent for granted and not worked hard enough for it. However, he has always had exceptional skills. He is fast, good 1 vs. 1, and has the ability to create imbalance in the opponent's defense. However, I do not think he will suddenly reach Ronaldo's level, but I do believe that he can become a good PL player who scores between 5-10 goals every season.

I was really happy with the signing at the time for the price, because he's the type of player we needed.

I don't think he was particularly brilliant the other night but he's popping up with huge goals and looks full of confidence.

Doubt he'll keep up this form all season which is why we still need another wide player coming in but he's proved a real bargain for what we paid.
Agreed. I'm glad he is doing well and I hope he continue this form for the rest of the season lol or at least until Jan
But realistically, he is known for his inconsistency. Probably why we wanted another winger. Now the window has closed, hopefully Anthony Gordon or Iwobi can step up when we need them.

I'm shocked that a 22 year old might be more inconsistent then than when he's 25

I knew as soon as we were knee deep in foxes telling us how last he was that we were onto a winner. If he really was hopeless they wouldn't have bothered.

Status
Not open for further replies.