New Everton Stadium Discussion

It shall have it. So long as nothing drastic happens. It kind of has to happen for the city to remain relevant.

I agree...... I've always thought Liverpool waters has suffered with a bit of a chicken and egg syndrome when it comes to transport. What should come first..... development or transport?

The waterfront scheme was first announced well over 10yrs ago as a 30yr vision and stalled almost immediately with the credit crunch, and was stifled further by WHS concerns and interventions. But I think besides those, the biggest thing holding it back has been the complete lack of transport. I'm not sure that any significant scale will be added much beyond Princes Dock without a dedicated system serving its full length....... bit like the DLR in London. Whether thats a branch of Merseyrail or another type of self-contained system like a monorail or tram, preferably elevated and/or fully segregated from general traffic/pedestrians to make it more efficient..... and would be a really important addition to BMDs transport strategy.

I do think that Merseytravel are missing a trick here. How difficult would it be to put a landing stage in and run ferries on a match day from Birkenhead and Wallasey quite a few thousand leaving the stadium without causing problems on the roads, even our welsh fans could park and ride on them

Ferry with an open bar down below, like when i started work many years ago. Great way to commute. Never had so much as a sniffle and i always credited the sea air from the daily crossings. Very relaxing, great views ( better to come)
Im in!!

I asked about this at the roadshow, they said they'd looked at it but factoring cancellations with bad weather and the expected use it wasn't viable.

I agree...... I've always thought Liverpool waters has suffered with a bit of a chicken and egg syndrome when it comes to transport. What should come first..... development or transport?

The waterfront scheme was first announced well over 10yrs ago as a 30yr vision and stalled almost immediately with the credit crunch, and was stifled further by WHS concerns and interventions. But I think besides those, the biggest thing holding it back has been the complete lack of transport. I'm not sure that any significant scale will be added much beyond Princes Dock without a dedicated system serving its full length....... bit like the DLR in London. Whether thats a branch of Merseyrail or another type of self-contained system like a monorail or tram, preferably elevated and/or fully segregated from general traffic/pedestrians to make it more efficient..... and would be a really important addition to BMDs transport strategy.

The transport strategy will cover more than inner city transport. If it is to be as successful as we require it t be for the cities future, it needs to be a key part of a national system. The landing point of that will determine the transport hub of the city. Lime street could be relegated to the southward facing version of Exchange Street Station (before it was demolished).

The transport strategy will cover more than inner city transport. If it is to be as successful as we require it t be for the cities future, it needs to be a key part of a national system. The landing point of that will determine the transport hub of the city. Lime street could be relegated to the southward facing version of Exchange Street Station (before it was demolished).

The big question is what ever rail system was thought of where will the funds come from.

I asked about this at the roadshow, they said they'd looked at it but factoring cancellations with bad weather and the expected use it wasn't viable.
I used to love the ferry in " bad weather". It rarely got cancelled. It was like a bucking bronco, water smashing over the side, people staggering around just for the fun!.
It even went in the foggiest of conditions, the pilots could dock the ferry on the worst of days with deck hands jumping from boat to stage without a care in the world.
I got there late one evening after too much time in scarletts bar. Deckhands helped me jump to get on!!

The big question is what ever rail system was thought of where will the funds come from.
simpsonsmonorail710.jpg

Any idea what plans they have for that big patch of land to the East of Great Howard Street?

It's a perfect place for an additional station. (And pretty much the only available place between Sandhills and Moorfields.)

View attachment 139092
McBurneys refrigeration haulage firm are renting that land at the minute for their lorries. Still Peels land as far as I know.

Last edited:
Does anyone ok now if the stadium is being at ground level or below ground level?
I know the dock is being drained then filled, however is it being filled completely or partially so the pitch is below ground level to give it that bear put vibe?

Does anyone ok now if the stadium is being at ground level or below ground level?
I know the dock is being drained then filled, however is it being filled completely or partially so the pitch is below ground level to give it that bear put vibe?

Pretty much level, there was some pictures that showed the dock wall visible behind the goal but it's not more than a couple of feet high.

Unfortunately i think Ferries practically ceased to be a viable commuter service not long after Merseyrail/wirral line reopened and furthermore when each bus terminus was pretty much closed at each ferry terminal.
Not difficult to re-instate is it, like i say losing out, could make a fortune

Just watching the Club Brugge V PSG, the crowd seem decent and making lots of noise, they have a drum banging, not that i think a drum banging is everton fans thing, however made me think of decent crowds in the prem, i would say palace fans are up there, and that theres a section of them that aways seem to be giving it their all. Do you think that Everton will try and push or create a section for fans that want to sing during the game... i know we've mastered the boo haha