blue bill and rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did the exact same thing with Ball and Jeffers, turned the fans against them to mask over his appalling running of the club.

There’s a photo of blue Bill in his office and there’s a paper cutting on the wall with the headline SAFE, after we stayed up against Wimbledon. He treated it like we’d just won the league. Sums up his ambition.

I wonder how many still believe Rooney is the traitor?

The amount of grief he got over the years for a decision that was out of his hands was a disgrace. No wonder he kissed the Man U badge. A young kid getting so much abuse was bound to react.

A period of reflection.
Always said the same, kid was forced out and fed to the wolves at 17 by Kenwright.

Just getting more PR savvy,

He threw a transfer request in at the very last moment of the window.
Not to mention his mum and dad where coming down the training ground every week and battling with Moyes,threatening to pull him out the club anytime he challenged Wayne over his liftstyle and his attitude towards the Coaching staff, Alan Irvine in particular.

Him and his family are a Ghastly bunch lizards.

Not to mention his mum and dad where coming down the training ground every week and battling with Moyes,threatening to pull him out the club anytime he challenged Wayne over his liftstyle and his attitude towards the Coaching staff, Alan Irvine in particular.

Haters guna hate.

I don’t think there were any unwilling parties. Rooney and Stretford were strongly pushing for the move and Kenwright didn’t want to stop it. I’m a bit sceptical about the claim that Rooney’s sale was necessary to prevent liquidation. The vast majority of the Rooney money was reinvested in new players. It wasn’t like the Arteta money that had to be immediately handed over to the banks.

article-2001077-0067916700000258-596_634x342.jpg

I'm sure the club wanted to sell him,
I'm sure his agent and family and anyone who stood to profit, wanted him to go.
I'm sure he was devastated to find out the club wanted him out.
Kenwright had the hottest prospect in world football in his hands and he
- couldn't leverage that to keep the creditors away
- wouldn't sell the club in order to keep Rooney at Everton.
I also don't buy the stuff about his family interfering, if they were, that's poor management on the clubs part, didn't seem to be an issue at utd.
Everton were run like a corner shop and the vultures saw that from a million miles off.

There’s a photo of blue Bill in his office and there’s a paper cutting on the wall with the headline SAFE, after we stayed up against Wimbledon. He treated it like we’d just won the league. Sums up his ambition.
He wasn’t chairman for the Wimbledon game, that was Sir Phillip Carter

Status
Not open for further replies.