blue bill and rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t believe this for 1second this sounds like the “he’s mortgaged his house to save Everton” garbage that was spouted at the time, didn’t he bring onboard that shyster Philip Green around that time, and look how he turned out.
I didn't say he mortgaged his house.
I can easily believe he tied up all of his cash in the club, it would appeal to his vanity.

The working class kid keeping in touch with his roots blah blah blah.

Phil Green came later. Around a year before Kirkby.

I appreciate you didn’t say he mortgage, but that was the story doing the rounds at the time. And I’m sorry don’t think there’s a chance in hell he tied up all his money into Everton.
Forget Rooney that was inevitable in this day & age we cannot keep top stars - The KINGS Dock let down & the Kirkby fiasco, are my main gripes with him we lost the Kings Dock for the sake of 20 million - he would not go to an outside investor as he did not want to lose his train set ,.......

Kirkby what a complete waste of money & space that was - he has been put in charge of the BMD - what could possibly go wrong...... :D

Forget Rooney that was inevitable in this day & age we cannot keep top stars - The KINGS Dock let down & the Kirkby fiasco, are my main gripes with him we lost the Kings Dock for the sake of 20 million - he would not go to an outside investor as he did not want to lose his train set ,.......

Kirkby what a complete waste of money & space that was - he has been put in charge of the BMD - what could possibly go wrong...... :D
could not disagree with any of that.

Kenwright kept hold of his train set by selling everything that wasn't nailed down and selling the future prospects of the club to get cash in advance...AKA as debt.

It makes me laugh that people have been going berserk over a former Liverpool manager becoming our manager and have stopped supporting the team when this feller Kenwright is still in the boardroom and at the very heart of the club - and he did more harm than Benitez could ever have do to Everton in 100 lifetimes.

Screenshot_20210914_165847.jpg

If the local media (lol) or even some of the broadsheets had the stomach for it, they should have persisted with this until he gave an answer.

He got rid of the Greggs and hoped it would be forgotten.

Thanks to a local press relying on the club for 'access' it generally was forgotten.

From the time the club were awarded 'prefered bidder' status they had 18 months to come up with a grand total of 30m to ensure a whole host of other national and European investments were triggered.

When the club (naturally) failed to come up with the money the site was lost and crocodile tears were shed. The Greggs offered the 30m to trigger it for a greater say.... Kenwright assumed they'd put up the cash out of the goodness of their hearts and rather than benefit the club long term the offer was declined.

My god, I hate him. Still fuming today.

Last edited:
He had to be sold because Blue Bill couldn't keep the club going without the money. Infact, it's widely rumoured that within days of Trevor Birch arriving he told Bill that Rooney HAD to be sold, no other way out of the mess the club was in.

Not really Kenwrights fault, he stepped up when it was needed and I don't doubt he sunk all his cash (at the time) into taking over, fair play.

His downfall, as with most things is his showmanship, bravado and bare faced bullshitting. He just cannot help himself.

View attachment 138977

does that mean I can finally stop “ watching this space”?

I have mixed feelings about kenwright. He was clearly out of his depth and had a tendency to slip into the theatrical bollocks quite easily. However, he was not worse than Peter Johnson. I'd even go as far to say there's not many good owners in today's game and I have to think twice about whether moshiri is any better.

I'm wondering how the team will play footie around his mausoleum on the centre spot when he goes

He must have some dirt on Moshers to still be around

Status
Not open for further replies.