2021/22 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the most positive takeaway was how genuinely ecstatic and pleased he was with the goals scored, even when they did not involve him directly. Really sharp contrast from what happen with the penalty kick.
I noticed him buzzing off the goals too which is great but don’t forget, whilst he was desperate to take the pen last game and had a little strop about it, he was also the first to run after DCL and celebrate after he slotted it.
The lad is a winner, he wants to win and he wants to score goals. Last night he got the [Poor language removed] kicked out of him and wasn’t able to score so he looked a bit moody being taken off just after we started playing beautiful attacking football. After Gray had scored he must’ve thought a goal was on the cars for him… he certainly wouldn’t have missed Gomes chance!

I noticed him buzzing off the goals too which is great but don’t forget, whilst he was desperate to take the pen last game and had a little strop about it, he was also the first to run after DCL and celebrate after he slotted it.
The lad is a winner, he wants to win and he wants to score goals. Last night he got the [Poor language removed] kicked out of him and wasn’t able to score so he looked a bit moody being taken off just after we started playing beautiful attacking football. After Gray had scored he must’ve thought a goal was on the cars for him… he certainly wouldn’t have missed Gomes chance!
People don’t seem to realise, he is literally always got a moody look: even when he scores he doesn’t really smile or laugh, doesn’t mean he isn’t buzzing. People read too much into someone’s face, someone who we don’t even know.

I think once he gets scoring he'll calm down with the petulance.
The guy just wants to improve the obvious part of his game that needs levelling up and that's hitting the high goal tally (even last season he publicly set himself a goal of 20 goals and stopped posting a ticker on Instagram when the goals dried up).
He only looks happy when he scores, but I don't mind if he's sulking while pulling away defenders for other players to get us the wins.
He's brilliant, other teams' fans hate him, I love him for it. He's great.

Let’s have it right, Godfrey puts one of them in and we’d all be raving
The difference being godders wins the ball every time he flies in like that. Last night wasn’t for the ball it was full blooded on richy for the challenge that got everyone kicking off about earlier in the game

The difference being godders wins the ball every time he flies in like that. Last night wasn’t for the ball it was full blooded on richy for the challenge that got everyone kicking off about earlier in the game
He does take the ball though and the follow through gets the man, good challenge

I just don’t think he is a lone striker. He did what he was asked to be fair to him, but he doesn’t have the presence to compete aerially with center halfs upfield or the strength to shrug them off/ hold the ball up. I think he did well behind Dom. Maybe he can carve a role out in that spot (when Dom is back).
Yeah I agree to an extent but there aren't too many teams that willing back and have groups at centre back whose sole intention is to kick anything that moves.
This was a particularly difficult game for any striker to play the lone role in let alone one like Richarlison.
I'd be confident that against a team that tried to play football he'd be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.