Match Thread Everton v Burnley - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awful first hour. If dcl is out why not just play rondon in his place and stay 4 4 2? Hopefully won't be experimenting like that again.

Rondon needs some time to get up to speed I think, so he’ll probably be coming off the bench a bit until he’s ready
I know that mate but after the gladiator talk I thought it was Taylor made for him. I personally wouldn't change the system because of one missing link. With how many injuries we get are we gonna keep tinkering? All players should be drilled in the system imo

Well then.

For about 55 minutes we were utter crap. Really, really bad. Then we moved up the gears and blew Burnley away. Why did we start with that formation? It didn't get the best out of anyone. Thankfully Burnley are too crap to punish us for more than one goal for how bad we were up to that point. Allan and Douc were struggling badly before Gomes came on, after that point we were completely dominant.
Douc in the latter part of the game was fantastic again, unlucky not to get a goal himself.
Townsend has to be MOTM for me for the assist and wonder goal.
It was said for the Southampton and Huddersfield games- Carlo doesn’t make the adjustment and we don’t win this game.

mid rather not fall behind but 10 points of 12, 10 goals v 4 conceded, joint top on points, and a first round cup win- all day long.

Unlike last years start I feel it’s sustainable too, if not the results (doubt were going to finish on 96 points) then at least the basic application and proposition of what EFC is. If we treat every opponent at Goodison to that second half atmosphere…

Status
Not open for further replies.