Match Thread Everton v Burnley - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great second half.
I do wish we would go for the throat at the first whistle against bum sides like these. You'd have Goodison on side straight away.

Instead we let them kick us everywhere and give them too much space, which then creates a restless atmosphere in the stands. Not a slight on the night like, just something that has done my head in with Everton and the last few managers.

Carragher...desperate to get a dig in at Everton. Practically saying we want hoofball.

Squeaky voiced spanner.

….I’m sure you jumped up when Townsend scored that goal, Dave. I know you’ll be chuffed because you’re one of us.

You did say he wouldn’t play more than 2 games for Everton, though.

I think you must giggle to yourself how often you are wrong. Good on you.

Just watching the replays of Townsend’s goal, it was even better watching it back. Before he pulls the trigger, he looks up to his left as if he’s about to play it out wide to Digne, and without even looking at the goal, just blammos it into the top corner. He knew exactly where the top corner was. Pope had no idea he was even going to shoot. Amazing.

Last edited:

First 60 minutes we really struggled

The 5 at the back system was not working and richarlison was struggling to hold up the ball and Burnley were basically bullying us and getting away with it because the ref was letting them.

A clear change in the system was needed.

It’s great that we have the personnel now to be able to turn the games around so quickly and I know he only changed the system at 1-1 but sometimes you need a bit of luck to get back into games and he would have changed it anyway.

Even at the end Andros had another good shot and we played some great tiki taka in the final third and almost scored again.

….I’m sure you jumped up when Townsend scored that goal, Dave. I know you’ll be chuffed because you’re one of us.

You did say he wouldn’t play more than 2 games for Everton, though.

I think you must giggle to yourself how often you are wrong. Good on you.
Jesus 'kin wept, give it a rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.