• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Benitez Burnley Press Conference

Benitez On Coleman

It was not very bad, to be fair. I think he will be available for Monday

Benitez on Rodriguez
Benitez says Rodriguez is training with the team, at the moment he's not at the level of everyone else in terms of match fitness
Obviously the team is doing well, the players understand what we want to do. He has to understand that, he has to adapt to the team. We will try to get the best from everyone.

Benitez On transfers
I'm really happy with the players we brought, the commitment of these players is very clear. They know how hard we have to work to be sure we can be successful. We didn't spend a lot of £ but we made some good signings. Could it have been better? Yes. But FFP rules were killing us in this window. Hopefully in next window it will be better.

Rafael Benitez on Dwight McNeil
He will be in the other team on Monday night and hopefully he has a bad game. But then has a good season.

Benitez On a right back and Van De Beek
Van De Beek was a name at the end of the window and it was not easy for us. A good player for sure, but I don't think we had too many chances. For a right back we were looking for different options, I wanted to be sure we had back-up.

Benitez On start to the season
We're doing well, we're scoring goals. It's a lot of positives. It's too early, we have to expect even more from this group of players. I think they will be better, but at the moment I'm really pleased with them.

Benitez on Everton expectations
In football sometimes the approach, commitment, desire of players is good enough but you cannot get the result you want. I am expecting even better things, better play & more exciting games because the group can do it Normally when you stay a long time in a club, it means you're doing things right. If I stay here a long time, it will be mean we are winning trophies & doing well

Benitez on Everton team news
The majority of the players are fine. We have two or three issues but Yerry Mina is training and Ben Godfrey is [too]. Seamus, I think, will be available.
Delph still has a problem with his shoulder

More on James from Benitez
I have seen what was going on at the end of the season, what was going on this season with some social media comments. It was not easy because he was available in the transfer window. I think he realised he has to improve in a lot of things, show his commitment.

Benitez on Rodriguez's Everton future
It's always up to the player. In the end he has the final decision but some markets are open & we had problems with the FFP rules so have to consider any option and see what happens, If James stays with us, we have to find the right games for us & he has to show his commitment, something the teammates, the fans & the staff are expecting from him. If he can do that, he can make a contribution to the team

Benitez On Rondon
To convince him to come back to the Premier League & to Everton, a club that is growing, was not difficult. He was happy to come here,
He will score goals & is someone who will give everything for the team and hopefully be successful with it

Benitez On Richarlison
We are in a much better position than anyone. When we allowed him to go to the Olympic Games, it was quite complicated for us but we could understand. We have a good relationship with them, so Richarlison was not an issue.

Benitez On FFP
I was not expecting at the beginning, we thought we could maybe sell some players. We adapted quickly. When I say 'next window', hopefully it will be January if necessary. You never know, we have to start thinking now about how to improve the squad.

Problem with the league cup route is Guardiola also tries to win it every season soyou have to get passed a very very good City team

that is true but i really do think that even just playing in Wembeley and in a final would give the players a bit more of a killer mentality

Status
Not open for further replies.