New In-House Ticket Re-Sale Platform (no more StubHub!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everton v Burnley on Monday night.

There's 627 resale tickets currently available to buy for £45/£50 per ticket.

627 listed, despite the challenges to list them and not including juniors which can't be listed,

You'd be able to get tickets for between £5-£15 if it was on StubHub. I bought one in the Lower Bullens for a volunteer doing some recording for us last season for £11.20.

Fans who otherwise couldn't afford to go, could go. Some of those fans have said so in this very thread.

Loads won't sell - just as loads didn't sell for well below face value on StubHub.

But you never heard this - you only ever heard the resident cry arses moaning about the few daft sods trying their luck in the 3 games a season headlines. You had people genuinely believing season ticket holders made a fortune selling their tickets every game on StubHub lol

The club don't gain with this new system. They don't get any extra money, in fact they'll lose the commercial cash they received from StubHub. They'll see extra empty seats/lose matchday spend. They'll lose potential new/long term fans because tickets are no longer accessible, there's no cheap tickets, no cheap ticket arrangements with Universities etc.

People who listed their ticket online often did so, and do so mainly because they had nobody to pass it on to. That's why there's currently 627 season tickets listed (Not including junior tickets which can't currently be listed).

627 listed, despite the challenges to list them and not including juniors which can't be listed,

You'd be able to get tickets for between £5-£15 if it was on StubHub. I bought one in the Lower Bullens for a volunteer doing some recording for us last season for £11.20.

Fans who otherwise couldn't afford to go, could go. Some of those fans have said so in this very thread.

Loads won't sell - just as loads didn't sell for well below face value on StubHub.

But you never heard this - you only ever heard the resident cry arses moaning about the few daft sods trying their luck in the 3 games a season headlines. You had people genuinely believing season ticket holders made a fortune selling their tickets every game on StubHub lol

The club don't gain with this new system. They don't get any extra money, in fact they'll lose the commercial cash they received from StubHub. They'll see extra empty seats/lose matchday spend. They'll lose potential new/long term fans because tickets are no longer accessible, there's no cheap tickets, no cheap ticket arrangements with Universities etc.

People who listed their ticket online often did so because they had nobody to pass it on to. That's why there's currently 627 season tickets listed (Not including junior tickets which can't currently be listed).
100% this

Though one thing to add, Junior season tickets can actually be added to the re-sale platform, BUT they can only be purchased as adult tickets. Therefore if a parent wanted to take their child to the game using this new resale platform, it would cost £90-£100. So yeah, there’ll be loads of empty seats. Whereas previously, using StubHub, it would have probably been £20 all in for this undesirable Monday night game, so many more seats sold, better atmosphere, and more money spent in the ground.

And yet still we have the odd person or two claiming the club have done a good thing.

100% this

Though one thing to add, Junior season tickets can actually be added to the re-sale platform, BUT they can only be purchased as adult tickets. Therefore if a parent wanted to take their child to the game using this new resale platform, it would cost £90-£100. So yeah, there’ll be loads of empty seats. Whereas previously, using StubHub, it would have probably been £20 all in for this undesirable Monday night game, so many more seats sold, better atmosphere, and more money spent in the ground.

And yet still we have the odd person or two claiming the club have done a good thing.

Yes but on the bright side, we know all the supporters in the ground will be genuine. :oops:

100% this

I thought this mate. We have 4 season tickets, 3 adults, 1 junior. I had no option to list the junior so I emailed in, they told me to call to sort. I wasn't going to bother calling as CBA waiting on the phone lines to list a junior ticket but had to call anyway because had no idea if tickets had sold or not/needed to check no issue. I'd listed them a while ago, had no notification they'd sold but they weren't showing as available to buy. Apparently they had sold but no notification had been sent but god knows. Anyway - the girl she said it couldn't be listed as it was a junior before explaining they're working to have that fixed?

I thought this mate. We have 4 season tickets, 3 adults, 1 junior. I had no option to list the junior so I emailed in, they told me to call to sort. I wasn't going to bother calling as CBA waiting on the phone lines to list a junior ticket but had to call anyway because had no idea if tickets had sold or not/needed to check no issue. I'd listed them a while ago, had no notification they'd sold but they weren't showing as available to buy. Apparently they had sold but god knows. Anyway - the girl she said it couldn't be listed as it was a junior before explaining they're working to have that fixed?
I’ve got two juniors, I managed to list them for Burnley but I had to log-in to my kids two individual online EFC accounts and list them separately. Was a ball-ache.

Surely the club could have come to an agreement with stub hub that the tickets can’t be sold for more than face value, surely that can done. As mentioned many of the tickets on there were on for less than face value anyway.

People who listed their ticket online often did so, and do so mainly because they had nobody to pass it on to. That's why there's currently 627 season tickets listed (Not including junior tickets which can't currently be listed).
The old system was fine.

The Ground was generally full, a lot of people had access to cheap, unobstructed view seats.

The club made a (little) revenue from StubHub, a PROFFESIONAL resale platform who ran a pretty slick operation.

Personally I couldn't give a monkeys what people like @Rudolf Hucker think is right or wrong. I have my seat, I pay my season ticket (giving the club a guaranteed revenue). I have had a season ticket since long before StubHub. Back then I'd leave my ticket with some mates who would give it away when I was unable to attend. (giving the club zero revenue, getting me a couple of pints if I ever saw the person who used it.)

I have had seats remain unsold on StubHub for a tenner, though the vast majority sold for 20/25 well ahead of the match.

Before people cryarse "How much did you sell big games for?“ I generally attend those unless work makes it impossible. I'm not flying for 7+ hrs each way for Everton v West Brom am I? (unless it coincides with a work trip)

If the club wanted to bin StubHub and take it in-house they should have just copied the model, indeed improved on it with a price cap. Everyone would be willing to pay them a small administrative commission as they did to StubHub.

What happens to the credit people get when selling tickets. No doubt this will not be visible
Another long phone call to the club I guess at renewal time

“Glad the club has wised up”? Mate, you do realise that this new re-sale system doesn’t benefit the club in any way shape or form don’t you? In fact with the money they are losing from their partnership with StubHub, and the additional costs of setting up and running the resale platform in house, means the club are losing money.

It is also a worse system for buyers, who now have no potential to possibly grab themselves a cheaper priced ticket for certain less desirable matches?

Your apparent hatred for both StubHub, and for season ticket holders who can’t attend every game is quite bizarre.

And the way you responded to @Brennan above is frankly bang out of order. I don’t actually think you fully grasp what the vast majority of people’s gripe is with this resale platform, your argument is all over the shop.

Don‘t think I’m alone in my dislike of ticket agencies. Leeches. Stubhub may not be As bad as some (buy up tickets before release & hike the price), but they probably would if they thought people would pay it.
If the club had set a maximum resale price of a 19th of ST cost, I would have had no complaint.

I’ve got nothing against Brennan or any other ST who doesn’t/can’t attend.
Already said I work away for months at a time. My ticket is always used. Family, friends, friends of friends.

Selling tickets at a profit is selfish & greedy. I detest that. I think most of us do.

My response to Brennan was exposing his “helping out poor fans who can’t afford it” as BS. His own figures show he sold at a profit where he could.
He then came up with the “average” argument.
That showed his sense of entitlement. He wants the benefits. Guaranteed big games & the discounted price, but doesn’t mind profiting when he can.

No system is perfect.

The only people I feel sorry for is the genuinely poor fan who can’t afford to go.
Sadly, premier league football stopped belonging to the people many years ago. 50 quid tickets & 100 quid kits made in China for 3 quid is where it’s at now. Working class worshiping fellas making more in 90 minutes than they make in a year…..
But yes, I sympathise with them.
At least the club gives to EitC, so at least some good comes from that loss.

I have no sympathy for the ST holders.
They knew the moving schedule before they renewed.
Nobody forced them to buy. They got the guaranteed seat & the discount.
They got 6 free games! Let’s not forget that.

This whole problem only exists because a large number of SOLD seats are coming up for RE-SALE.

If it were 100 per game, no one would notice, but it’s not.

The club needs to look at this problem & decide a way forward.

The old system was fine.

The Ground was generally full, a lot of people had access to cheap, unobstructed view seats.

The club made a (little) revenue from StubHub, a PROFFESIONAL resale platform who ran a pretty slick operation.

Personally I couldn't give a monkeys what people like @Rudolf Hucker think is right or wrong. I have my seat, I pay my season ticket (giving the club a guaranteed revenue). I have had a season ticket since long before StubHub. Back then I'd leave my ticket with some mates who would give it away when I was unable to attend. (giving the club zero revenue, getting me a couple of pints if I ever saw the person who used it.)

I have had seats remain unsold on StubHub for a tenner, though the vast majority sold for 20/25 well ahead of the match.

Before people cryarse "How much did you sell big games for?“ I generally attend those unless work makes it impossible. I'm not flying for 7+ hrs each way for Everton v West Brom am I? (unless it coincides with a work trip)

If the club wanted to bin StubHub and take it in-house they should have just copied the model, indeed improved on it with a price cap. Everyone would be willing to pay them a small administrative commission as they did to StubHub.
Ive said this before and it hits the nail on the head. The Stubhub model with a price cap so fans can't sell for profit (which was probably 0.01% anyway) would have been ideal for everyone.

Yes
Lots of unobstructed reseale seats are available. (about 30 in my section onbTB2 alone)

Unfortunately, as others have said its not immediately obvious where to find them.

When you go to the ticketing page (on mobile) there is a dropdown menu and you can select Resale tickets. (not 'resell my ticket' adjacent)

In the desctop site it's towards the right/centre of the sub menu on the ticketing page.

You click on the area of the ground you want and you can see what's available. (and a seat view is shown)

The system works, but it's really bad if a lot of people need to be guided through it. It needs to be intuitive.
I will be waiting until the resale go up for game im over for next month. Checked last night and loads for Burnley still . I hope these sell and ground is full. If not the club need to look at changing the system to a similar sale model to SH. Grounds need to be full and season ticket holders need their tickets used.
I would not have found it on the site only for the help on here

Think this summary should be sent to the club to highlight changes are required to make it more beneficial to all. A few tweeks and it would/ should work better. Empty seats on Monday night should not be ignored

This whole problem only exists because a large number of SOLD seats are coming up for RE-SALE.

Sorry mate, your understanding of the whole situation is, in my opinion incorrect.

You've ranted about StubHub on here for years after two bad experiences (one I'd say was your own fault, the second around buying an OAP ticket instead of an adult was resolved soon after when StubHub insisted on Customer Numbers to list season tickets).

You've then been one of the classic cases of ranting away about the cost of a derby ticket on here, but not a peep from you on most games when you could get tickets for 50-75% below face value.

You've always been adamant the solution was 'simple' when it was anything but - as you now acknowledge by saying no ticket resale system is perfect. Indeed. StubHub wasn't perfect, but 'some' chose to overly dwell on the negative and completely dismiss the positives - or understand the limitations of alternatives.

And just to inform you - with regards to your continual comment around ST holders knowing the score before they renewed. This isn't true. The loss of StubHub, or how tickets would be exchanged wasn't announce or communicated prior renewal deadline. No season ticket holder knew how they'd exchange, or resell their season ticket prior to the renewal deadline.

I also disagree with you "This whole problem only exists because a large number of SOLD seats are coming up for RE-SALE"

This again highlights your lack of understanding. There would be hundreds of tickets on StubHub and you could list tickets as far in advance as you wanted on that platform. 600 or so tickets listed for resale was inevitable. It'll be the same for any midweek game.

I've worked in events/with ticketing companies for a long time, there's no event of that capacity that doesn't have hundreds of tickets exchanged prior to the event. Peoples circumstances change. Life, y'know?

Current season ticket holders - 9 in every 10 seats presold before a ball is kicked - don't really miss out. They don't miss out because the vast majority of them couldn't sell tickets for most games and if they did, they got buttons back. It's mainly people who aren't season ticket holders who miss out - StubHub was a lot better for those, a bit better for season ticket holders.

There's nothing about the new system that's better for fans who want to go to a game, or who can't go to a game and want to pass their ticket on. I also don't think there's anything better about the new system for the club itself - other than the PR headache around StubHub from misinformed fans.

Ive said this before and it hits the nail on the head. The Stubhub model with a price cap so fans can't sell for profit (which was probably 0.01% anyway) would have been ideal for everyone.

They did introduce a cap on tickets for Everton but it was too high.

If you look at it pragmatically - StubHub are a business. They paid a fee to the club. They have their own costs to cover - ticketing infrastructure isn't cheap and to be fair, they were excellent at selling/marketing tickets which benefit seller and buyer (in house models have no interest in resale so aren't going to push it) and of course they have to make a profit.

Ticket resale companies like StubHub aren't going to remove prices above Face Value because they earn on a % and they want tickets to sell for as much as possible across all their listings. Remember, it's not just Everton/football they sell for and so they can't change their whole operation for a handful of tickets in L4.

And the thing is - despite the headlines around the derby, even if they were listed for silly amounts it was very rare tickets sold for a daft price. I mean, you can go and buy a 50p on eBay for £2,000 now, or £5,000 for a Costa coffee cup. It doesn't mean they sell, and if some idiot pays it - nobody is screaming to introduce caps or remove eBay.

Don‘t think I’m alone in my dislike of ticket agencies. Leeches. Stubhub may not be As bad as some (buy up tickets before release & hike the price), but they probably would if they thought people would pay it.
If the club had set a maximum resale price of a 19th of ST cost, I would have had no complaint.

I’ve got nothing against Brennan or any other ST who doesn’t/can’t attend.
Already said I work away for months at a time. My ticket is always used. Family, friends, friends of friends.

Selling tickets at a profit is selfish & greedy. I detest that. I think most of us do.

My response to Brennan was exposing his “helping out poor fans who can’t afford it” as BS. His own figures show he sold at a profit where he could.
He then came up with the “average” argument.
That showed his sense of entitlement. He wants the benefits. Guaranteed big games & the discounted price, but doesn’t mind profiting when he can.

No system is perfect.

The only people I feel sorry for is the genuinely poor fan who can’t afford to go.
Sadly, premier league football stopped belonging to the people many years ago. 50 quid tickets & 100 quid kits made in China for 3 quid is where it’s at now. Working class worshiping fellas making more in 90 minutes than they make in a year…..
But yes, I sympathise with them.
At least the club gives to EitC, so at least some good comes from that loss.

How is selling a ticket I’ve already paid for a sense of entitlement ?

I would sell the tickets on Stubhub for the cheapest price, to make sure it sold. If I went on and the cheapest ticket in my area of the stand was £16, I’d list it for £16. If it was £30, id list it for £30.

I don’t expect to sell tickets for what I paid for at all. I just hope to make back something when I can’t go, which the club endorsed and still does.

My criticisms have been around the new system being crap and a worse deal for fans. I have already told you I’ll stand to make back more money under the current system than Stubhub, because I’ve got a good seat in a popular part of the ground. I’m pretty sure my Burnley ticket has sold. I’d probably have listed that for a lot less on Stubhub than the pro rata £27 I’ll get for this sale.

You’ve characterised me as being first a non genuine fan, then saying I’m acting like a Kopite, and have a sense of entitlement.

Well out of order.

Status
Not open for further replies.