2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s a manager that builds his style around the players he has. He would manage City differently than Everton and managed Newcastle differently than us.

He’s just a quality manager
Sorry for the late reply... This is not true. He doesnt build a team with the players he finds , he proved that at real Madrid .

He priorizes a sistem over his players qualities .. he failed at madrid bcuz wanted em to play similar to actual everton (sac the initiative.. with 35% posesión/ reactive team / counter attack) .

That kind of Game is unaceptable at bigger teams While vs granadas/ levantes / getafes.. etc etc . In short , he is the kind of coach for yes... Sorry : smaller clubs .

Good football is scoring more than the opposition. How that’s achieved is subjective and different people like different styles, try telling Atletico’s fans that their teams haven’t played ‘good’ football under Simeone. It’s the laziest thing in the world just to label everything other than passing it aimlessly round the back as hoofball or pragmatic. All I’m seeing so far under Benitez is that we’re quite happy playing the ball on the deck when the opportunities are there but we’ll also use crosses and longer balls if it’s not.
Atletico being defensive and reactive applies ONLY vs top teams. Atletico wtfpwns every other team not called barca or real Madrid.
Watch la Liga or Even watch em vs lesser UCL teams.. they attack.. ive never seen atlético dominated by a previous season bottom 5 team in posesion 7 to 3 ratio ..

Atletico being defensive is a mith ... It only applies vs superior teams .

Sorry for the late reply... This is not true. He doesnt build a team with the players he finds , he proved that at real Madrid .

He priorizes a sistem over his players qualities .. he failed at madrid bcuz wanted em to play similar to actual everton (sac the initiative.. with 35% posesión/ reactive team / counter attack) .

That kind of Game is unaceptable at bigger teams While vs granadas/ levantes / getafes.. etc etc . In short , he is the kind of coach for yes... Sorry : smaller clubs .
He failed at Madrid because he’s a pragmatic coach that doesn’t want Ronaldo and Bale standing on the touch line waiting for Casemiro to win a ball back and ping them a pass. If you want to say that’s, tactics well disagree. I think it’s bigger than that.

Thank the lord he doesn’t have to work out how to fit the pointy fingered one into the team.

Great performances, super results, I’m happy.

We needed the Benitez boot in the nuts to understand it’s not just about money, sexy players or legendary managers.

Keep doing what he’s doing and it can only get better.

I’m in.

Last edited:

You’re wrong
The evidence clearly shows him adapting the the squad available …. Except possibly Real Madrid where the pressures to play a certain way are well known
He is a renowned deep thinker about strategy and getting the best out of players
I don’t like him
I didn’t want him
But the evidence is clear

H Burnley
A Villa
H Norwich

If he can get 7pts from those 3 then he'll have hit the 14pts I wanted before the season started.

After that Its United and West Ham.

H Burnley
A Villa
H Norwich

If he can get 7pts from those 3 then he'll have hit the 14pts I wanted before the season started.

After that Its United and West Ham.

….that type of forecasting is always dangerous, Zat. We’ve had a terrific start but let’s not get ahead of ourselves.

Simple benchmark is 20 points minimum at Christmas.

Somewhat tipsy on the. Train home but all I can say is…

4 games and the disappointment is we should have won every game. He’s got the team playing. With hunger and desire and the same way I won’t say Iwobi has been like a new signing, I won’t get carried away with Benitez, but everything so far is exciting and I’m gutted there’s an international break, to stop our momentum.
I'm not worried about the break. I don't think Benitez will be sitting on his hands and will be getting to work with those not involved with international games.

If some of those more "fringe" players improve then it will hold us in better stead.

Not dreading playing the likes of those just below Chelsea and City or United now. I am cautiously optimistic about how he will have us performing.

….that type of forecasting is always dangerous, Zat. We’ve had a terrific start but let’s not get ahead of ourselves.

Simple benchmark is 20 points minimum at Christmas.
My benchmark is always 60 points. Beat the bottom half home and away and that's your 60 and should be good enough for a European spot.

It's what frustrates me most about Everton is that we aren't capable of going to a weaker team and just grinding out a 1-0 away win. Get that 60 points and then if you can beat some of the top half teams home or away and you should be on track for a great season. The bottom half clubs are all dismal, they've always been dismal and it should be a bare minimum to get a win against them.

There‘s no denying that we’re better organised and fitter, still need fresh blood though and bodies out, looking at the fixtures the 7 points is a good start, there are bound to be difficult times ahead, but its refreshing to see a bit of desire and will to win, so being the massive sceptic over the appointment of the manager, the early signs are that I’m struggling to find fault with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.