Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Juventus meeting with Raiola. If that is to discuss Kean and a swap deal then if it isnt McKennie it may be Kulusevski.

We were in for him before he signed for Juventus and hes been playing off the bench the last few games.

Well, with FFP some smaller European clubs have received bans from European competitions for a year whilst the largest offenders like City get off with fines, some of which gets deferred. From an Everton standpoint, when the FA decided diving was bad and worthy of suspensions, our guy Niasse is one of maybe two ever punished despite the repeated offenses of players like Salah…

They’re never going to do anything that really hurts their cash cows. Don’t think they’d give a crap about being harsh with Everton.

Out of interest, who was banned? I know Wolves and City both breached the rules and only got fines. I did previously view a list of very forgetful clubs that were also only given fines for breaching FFP.

I thought you might mention the Niasse thing, which was a one off regarding a rule that had been introduced the week previously and has seldom if ever been used since.

I don’t agree with this notion that Everton are punished more than other clubs. It certainly isn’t a regular occurrence. On the contrary, we were allowed to receive sponsorship money for a stadium that doesn’t even exist and didn’t even have planning permission. This was giving us significant leeway, rather than throwing the book at us.

I dont think Digne is going anywhere until hes 33 ish.

I think there are alot of young players who would usually have been sold to the elite sides.

However, not many are spending big money this window...those players may see us as an entry to the premier league for a couple of years before a sale.

Pickford, Digne, Godfrey, Mina, Doucoure, Richarlison and DCL off the top of my head would walk into their team.

Bissouma, Lamptey and Livramento into ours...other than those 3 im struggling

I don't think any of our defensive players would get near them except Digne.
Dunk is far superior than any defender we've had in years.

Livramento isn't at bton.

The Juventus meeting with Raiola. If that is to discuss Kean and a swap deal then if it isnt McKennie it may be Kulusevski.

We were in for him before he signed for Juventus and hes been playing off the bench the last few games.

A Kulasevski/Kean swap could make a lot of sense from an FFP perspective. Sell them both for 60m.

Its not about swapping players - Leeds have 2-3 actual good players the rest make up a very functional unit that have had years under Biesla to play a particular way.

Benitez has had five minutes with a squad of largely one paced cowards.

Two totally different scenarios.
I'm trying to understand your argument. You say that Potter is rubbish and is responsible for Brighton's league placings, yet simultaneously claim that he has a functional team. You also seem to acknowledge that we have better players than Brighton (although that remains opaque in your analysis) but because Benitez has only had "five minutes" with them he can't be held responsible for their performance because they are "one paced cowards". You also seem to think Potter has been at Brighton for a very long time despite him only managing them since 2019. I'm also unclear as to what your Brighton Vs Everton comparison has to do with Marcelo Bielsa?

Maybe you could gather your thoughts and answer the following questions:

1. Is Potter a good or a bad manager?
2. Do Everton or Brighton have the better players?
3. Is the manager of a football club responsible for league placings?
4. How long a period of time does a manager need to influence the performances of a club?

I don't think any of our defensive players would get near them except Digne.
Dunk is far superior than any defender we've had in years.

Livramento isn't at bton.
Dunk is south coast Michael Keane, maybe without the head wobbles but sloooooooowwwww as a snail.

Had a lovely Gif of Richie breezing past him to score a really good goal a few seasons ago at Goodison.

If it is Dunk and Duffy on Saturday, our front three will make hay, even it is raining,

Out of interest, who was banned? I know Wolves and City both breached the rules and only got fines. I did previously view a list of very forgetful clubs that were also only given fines for breaching FFP.

I thought you might mention the Niasse thing, which was a one off regarding a rule that had been introduced the week previously and has seldom if ever been used since.

I don’t agree with this notion that Everton are punished more than other clubs. It certainly isn’t a regular occurrence. On the contrary, we were allowed to receive sponsorship money for a stadium that doesn’t even exist and didn’t even have planning permission. This was giving us significant leeway, rather than throwing the book at us.
I didn’t say Everton were punished more historically. In response to a question, I shared my opinion that we should care more about FFP than a club like City because smaller clubs have received harsher restive punishments when breaching FFP than the Super League favorites.

For clubs receiving suspensions Malaga stands out as one that comes to mind.

I'm trying to understand your argument. You say that Potter is rubbish and is responsible for Brighton's league placings, yet simultaneously claim that he has a functional team. You also seem to acknowledge that we have better players than Brighton (although that remains opaque in your analysis) but because Benitez has only had "five minutes" with them he can't be held responsible for their performance because they are "one paced cowards". You also seem to think Potter has been at Brighton for a very long time despite him only managing them since 2019. I'm also unclear as to what your Brighton Vs Everton comparison has to do with Marcelo Bielsa?

Maybe you could gather your thoughts and answer the following questions:

1. Is Potter a good or a bad manager?
2. Do Everton or Brighton have the better players?
3. Is the manager of a football club responsible for league placings?
4. How long a period of time does a manager need to influence the performances of a club?

Stop trying to turn transfer talk into another Benitez bashing session.

It's tedious.

Status
Not open for further replies.