Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
True mate but the reality is Saints are just happy to avoid relegation so can take relative punts on prospects that may come good down the line.

Our fans will be frothing at the mouth if Benitez gets less than 10th.

We need somewhat proven quality in certain areas and RB is one of them as Coleman and Kenny are just not good enough.
I see what you’re saying, I do. Guess I’m trying to look at things as, a lad who cost 20mil and is experienced isn’t guaranteed to succeed just as a young lad isn’t. I understand completely that the former is more likely to, but at the end of the day, if this is the lad the club want - it’s who they’ll go for and they’ll have reasons. Trying to be optimistic

And then if we finish 10-12th with these types of young players not yet ready the fanbase are up in arms:

SACK THE MANAGER
WE SHOULD BE FIGHTING FOR EUROPE

You cant have it both ways.
Well you said this season is about getting hefty wages off the books ( no more cast offs on big contracts )and then consolidate and tread water until next season when Mosh gets the cheque book out.
You've been advocating cheaper options for good value.
Well here it is , but yet again you change tack.

Flipflop92 you lad.

They do seem to be in such different profiles, age and experience-wise. It's weird in that respect, sure.
End of the day, though, we're in desparate need of a RB, especially one who can run. So I have no qualms if we were to sign this lad.
Definitely not got qualms, could turn out to be a really good signing. But it's weird. We're weird, though.

Would you start Livramento over Coleman next weekend if he played for us and not Saints? Yes / No

I honestly wouldn't, no. I still think Seamus is a better player. I still have no issues calling on him 20 times a season. It's the reliance on him that's my worry and I can't say I've seen enough of Patterson to say he'd be ready to take up the mantle.

I also don't see how our scouts can, because he's played 7 league games.

Right now, I'd prefer us to get a player with a bit more experience. Not necessarily old, but a player in/approaching their prime years (24-26).

Well we couldn't afford Dumfries by the sounds of it for around £10m. So who are you wanting around that age range for <£10m to be an automatic starter.

It's fine to have your own opinions but you're gonna need to start adding some logic and realism to them for people to take you seriously.

How long we’ve needed one has no bearing on whether this would be a good move. Coleman is the first choice now. If this kid is at least good enough to be better than Holgate/Kenny as Coleman’s backup he would be a good addition. If there is any legitimate chance that he could win the starting job this year then it’s a master stroke.

I agree. But it's a daft position we've left ourselves in.

Also, he's nothing like Dumfries - who was our primary target heading into the window - in terms of profile.

Well we couldn't afford Dumfries by the sounds of it for around £10m. So who are you wanting around that age range for <£10m to be an automatic starter.

It's fine to have your own opinions but you're gonna need to start adding some logic and realism to them for people to take you seriously.
lol what? I'm pretty bloody realistic and logical.

Would you say logic is going from Dumfries to Patterson?

One, an international full-back with bags of experience (though some flaws, far from perfect). The other, a 19-year-old with fewer than 20 club games under his belt.

lol what? I'm pretty bloody realistic and logical.

Would you say logic is going from Dumfries to Patterson?

One, an international full-back with bags of experience (though some flaws, far from perfect). The other, a 19-year-old with fewer than 20 club games under his belt.

Well you're not because you're not suggesting any names that fit your realistic and logical opinions, are you?

Dumfries and Patterson are cheap RB's with no PL experience who both look fast, athletic, attacking style with defensive skill to be determined.

Definitely not got qualms, could turn out to be a really good signing. But it's weird. We're weird, though.
Get your concerns mate.
Every man and his dog knows we need a right back , have done for 4 years.
We dont know how this manager see's it. Maybe he knows Coleman is coming to the end but is still an option for him , and maybe he's see's reliable cover in Godfrey & Holgate while he has the opportunity of easing the young lad in.

Is it my ( or our ) way we would do it ?
Obviously not we all want an ovenready world class full back , but that is going to cost big money ......oh erm money !
That stuff we cant spend atm.

Status
Not open for further replies.