2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just happy for all the fans who get behind it and happy for the club mate. I wouldn't be a part of that as I've made my decision and I won't then try and jump in and embrace it.
Every respect for you and your decision, mate, but the very best of us make decisions that are invalid in the light of experience, myself included. I once decided that I didn't love someone, and it turned out (too late) that I'd actually loved her for ages. Not saying that you're wrong, but tentatively suggesting that you review your decision every now and again, and don't be too proud to revise it.

Things I really liked today.

When we went behind, he knew what to change, and the 4-4-2 probably won us the game.

Opening 20 minutes or so we’re promising.

Players showed some fight when behind.

Crossing the ball regularly.

Things I didn’t like

Randomly hoofing to nowhere in the first half when 1-0 down

Southampton are terrible and their time wasting at 0-0 was just pathetic. So it’s a big, big game against Leeds next week for him.

Great to see a win, hopefully to dampen the negativity.

Every respect for you and your decision, mate, but the very best of us make decisions that are invalid in the light of experience, myself included. I once decided that I didn't love someone, and it turned out (too late) that I'd actually loved her for ages. Not saying that you're wrong, but tentatively suggesting that you review your decision every now and again, and don't be too proud to revise it.

Cheers mate and appreciate the comment genuinely.

I'm still on the forum, still love loads of Everton related stuff on here even when there's a bucket load I'm not happy with when it comes to Everton.

Like I said mate, me falling out of love them is a drop in the ocean all things considered and doesn't really affect anyone. My lad is made up, probably thinks Doucoure is as good as Messi so that'll do me for a weekend ;)

Lucky escape #1 . We should have been dead and buried at H.T, Saints fell asleep 2nd half and the let the crowd in. Against better teams we wouldn't have come back
Wouldnt say dead and buried before ht had 3 shots on target all game. Agree on that we will have harder teams to come also missing alot of key players today and with still more signings to come. Just lets see what can happen was just nice seeing a lineup today that was going on the attack, last season would have had another cm in the team. Lets enjoy the win and see what happens against leeds

One game does not a good season make.
Good signs though that he seemed to get the team to turn it around after the break.
More of that aggressive wing play in the future please.

Being honest, Southampton are a poor side at the moment and there are way tougher tests ahead.

I've not been the most optimistic for the season ahead, still not if truth be told, but one game at a time hey blues?

It's horrible that some fans would rather see him fail this season than see Everton Succeed, I see why the words bitter are mentioned in relation to some everton fans tbh
I don't think there's anyone on here who REALLY wants us to lose, regardless of what he writes on the forum. Love just doesn't work that way, and we all love Everton.

The win today was a great antidote to a summer of constant negativity.

It was hugely encouraging that Benitez got a good welcome and the right tone set with the 2nd half performance and result.

There may still be more downs than ups but it felt good to be a blue at 5pm today and not many chances to say that after a home game in the last 17 months.

Fans, manager, and players worked together in that 2nd today. This is surely what we need to see more of.

Status
Not open for further replies.