Match Thread Everton v Southampton - Preview, Match Report and MotM poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's his whole game though

Not it isn't though.

His game is getting on the end of things in the width of the goal, but that doesn't just mean punted, hopeful crosses from deep.

Think of that goal v Palace last year, or the one v West Brom for his second in that game. That's the goal we want Dom scoring, but it means players getting in behind, in the area (not miles out wide) and delivering from close range across the box. We know he's good at heading, but it's not his entire game.

Seems a bit unfair we've got five first team players out because of Covid pings... What's the cut off? Is there even a number? What if all the squad get pinged? Which is possible given they're all in the same changing room together...
We can but dream

Remember, Southampton the worst 2nd half team in the League. Looking tidy but little flair.
If Richy stays on his feet, if DCL latches onto just a few Townsend crosses, easy win.

shakira-dancing.gif

What a waste of bleach!!

Maybe Gbamin. I keep saying he's the key to the season because he really is. We need a three and he's the one who might allow it.

Aye but can't blame RB for that I suppose, if he's isolating.

I can question why he thinks 4-4-1-1 is a system which will work for us, but the main issue, formation aside, is our players standing miles apart from each other and showing no tactical nous

Armstrong had a volley but other than the goal they've done nothing to trouble Pickford.

They've bullied our CBs which isn't hard but not done anything with it.

Would be 0.0 if Keane hadnt left his brain in the changies
That's exactly my point they've out fought the central defenders we need Mina on. It's been a poor game

Status
Not open for further replies.