It's that time of year...

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the eve of a new season which means it's time for my annual tedious 'disclaimer' thread again...

Those who have been here a while will appreciate that we're considerably more lenient with our moderating during the summer 'silly season'.

And so, as we get set to enter another season of football - a reminder that we do ask that all to follow our guidelines to ensure these forums remain user-friendly.

I can't recall a pre-season with such widespread apathy, or pessimism. Perhaps unsurprisingly, it has coincided with an increase of angst across the forum. With that - sadly, we're seeing more and more 'playing the man, not the ball'...

We're all Evertonians, if someone posts something you disagree with you can say so without being an arse. Give people the benefit of doubt. I think digital conversation in general is becomingly increasingly divisive/partisan and abusive - let's try and buck the trend on here.

With this in mind, I'd encourage those who are frequently abusing the Everton manager to reflect. Sure, criticise but the insults, no matter how mild, sour the atmosphere of the forum. It risks a broken window effect and abuse towards the Everton manager can risk setting a false 'fair game' precedent across the forum.

GOT should always allow fun, it should always offer escapism to some - moderators need to respect that, but you have to help us out.

Please think before you post and help us maintain your community so we can collectively accurately represent the fan base with pride.

Nice one.
Ahh ya big bolloxks...

Soon as I seen the title of your your post I was buzzing into me little 80's corner chuckling away...

Turns out I'm miles away doh :cheers:

It's the eve of a new season which means it's time for my annual tedious 'disclaimer' thread again...

Those who have been here a while will appreciate that we're considerably more lenient with our moderating during the summer 'silly season'.

And so, as we get set to enter another season of football - a reminder that we do ask that all to follow our guidelines to ensure these forums remain user-friendly.

I can't recall a pre-season with such widespread apathy, or pessimism. Perhaps unsurprisingly, it has coincided with an increase of angst across the forum. With that - sadly, we're seeing more and more 'playing the man, not the ball'...

We're all Evertonians, if someone posts something you disagree with you can say so without being an arse. Give people the benefit of doubt. I think digital conversation in general is becomingly increasingly divisive/partisan and abusive - let's try and buck the trend on here.

With this in mind, I'd encourage those who are frequently abusing the Everton manager to reflect. Sure, criticise but the insults, no matter how mild, sour the atmosphere of the forum. It risks a broken window effect and abuse towards the Everton manager can risk setting a false 'fair game' precedent across the forum.

GOT should always allow fun, it should always offer escapism to some - moderators need to respect that, but you have to help us out.

Please think before you post and help us maintain your community so we can collectively accurately represent the fan base with pride.

Nice one.
I agree wholeheartedly.

Can I get readmitted to the Current Affairs forum, please?

The boss asking you to wear a mask basically.
Anger-as-Scots-GB-Newss-Neil-Oliver-says-he-will-1024x645.jpeg

FREEDOM!!!!!!

......don't cancel me :oops:

With this in mind, I'd encourage those who are frequently abusing the Everton manager to reflect. Sure, criticise but the insults, no matter how mild, sour the atmosphere of the forum. It risks a broken window and effect and abuse towards the Everton manager can risk setting a false 'fair game' precedent across the forum.

Nice one.
I think it would also be wise to encourage those who are frequently loving the Everton manager in a “Wumming”manner to reflect and stop insulting fellow blues and the intelligence of those blues.

does this mean the r.a.f.a (Rafael) filter will go???

Status
Not open for further replies.