Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting comments from the game yesterday especially on Dobbin ‘at least he tried’. He also
mentioned the younger players trying. He was then going on about the things they’d worked on in previous pre-season games just not being there at all.

Isn’t that Everton all over? We’ve seen this for years, I think even Allardyce called it out, maybe Silva also, the things they are working on at the training ground are just completely disregarded when it comes to match day. Levels of effort and intensity seen during training just completely disappear at match day.

It’s an absolute disease at the club, this compete apathy that seems to grip every player and is undermining every manager we have. Imagine preparing a game plan all week, seeing the players on it in training, it’s all looking good, then match day arrives and players can’t pass 5 yards to each other, stop working, don’t run, turn off at set pieces, miss sitters. Then you just rinse and repeat every single week until you’re fired.

If will be Benitez’s biggest challenge to rid us of this. Not many other clubs suffer from this. There’s poor clubs in the league who play like it at times but there’s players in this team turning it on for international teams or former teams (Pickford, Mina, Allan, Siggurdson, Digne Richarlison) at a high level then turning out at Everton looking like a pub player. Watching Richarlison play for Brazil is just a smack in the face, this lad could barely trap a ball last season for us and yet is playing like one of the top forwards in the world for Brazil.

The players need a massive massive kick up the arse and Benitez needs to keep his foot on their throats until these clowns finally decide that they’ll break into more than a light jog for Everton. Until that point I’d play any young player who is willing to bust a gut for us. Throw Gordon Nkonkou Dobbin Simms in whoever and make the first team watch from the bench until it finally gets into their thick heads that they need to actually try a bit on a match day.
I'm not sure this bunch of players can be coached as they've failed numerous managers all with different styles, this isn't a comment based on the result yesterday. They either don't give a hoot to what's being asked of them or they're simply not good enough (if that's the case then Brands has a lot to answer for)
Some of these players have seen off 3-4 managers and yet still put in the same performances.

Benitez is on a hiding to nothing here and regardless of those who will or wont support him its not going to end well.
Nothing suggests he will be successful here it will be the same as its always been, no threat to the top and no threat of relegation.

The season kicks off next week and I'm already wishing it was May, that's due to the fact of the mess were in with the manager we have got.

We get beaten. The more players that are missing, the more we get beaten by.

That’s what happens. It’s not an excuse, it’s just the way it is.

Our record at Old Trafford is not exactly sparkling. If we go there with half a team this is exactly what I expect.

Wild. That isn't remotely correct.

We get beaten. The more players that are missing, the more we get beaten by.

That’s what happens. It’s not an excuse, it’s just the way it is.

Our record at Old Trafford is not exactly sparkling. If we go there with half a team this is exactly what I expect.
I’ve seen some marvellous defending of the kopite, but this by far the best yet.

A goal conceded for every first team not on the pitch is the new low bar; almost as bad the “if we finish 6th from bottom it’s been a success”

The club is toxic at the moment and as much as I don’t want him as our manager, hounding him out will not only affect results but also affect any chance of somebody decent to replace him, why on gods earth would anyone want to come here?
Any frustrations should be directed at the idiots who appointed him.

Oh so their value determines how good they are, Jesus wept

With the exception of DCL and Richarlison, that’s as close to our starting lineup against Southampton.
For crying out loud. We got walloped by a far better team at their place putting out a significantly weakened team. DCL, Richarlison, Kean and Gbamin would all have played.

That’s what happened.

For crying out loud. We got walloped by a far better team at their place putting out a significantly weakened team. DCL, Richarlison, Kean and Gbamin would all have played.

That’s what happened.
Neither of who played last season for us; how are you now determining that they are important first teamers

You’re all over the place fella

Status
Not open for further replies.