2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is James Rodriguez going to out work or out fight anyone?

Man City have 11 faster, quicker, stronger versions of James on the pitch.

We can't even out play Sheffield Utd at home these days (with James on the pitch).

We need another direction and that is one that means booting the slow, no energy, no paced physically/mentally weak players and bringing in pace and power with the right mentality.
That’s why Benitez went out and bought Gray and Townsend they are quick and can cross, Heading DCL best asset also Richarlison is decent in the air. Last season trying to play though teams at snail pace with Sigs, Gomes and James (at least James can pick a pass but not really often enough) the slow pace was so painful to watch. We need to hit teams on the break and fast wingers help that massively, I like have James here but in reality he’s style doesn’t really work enough to warrant what he gets paid a d the amount of games he plays (which as we know isn’t many)

How is James Rodriguez going to out work or out fight anyone?

Man City have 11 faster, quicker, stronger versions of James on the pitch.

We can't even out play Sheffield Utd at home these days (with James on the pitch).

We need another direction and that is one that means booting the slow, no energy, no paced physically/mentally weak players and bringing in pace and power with the right mentality.
Hoooooooooooffff

In no universe will you see Everton win an FA Cup out playing a Man City/RS/Chelsea off the park - we could out fight them, tactically out think them, out work them but players like James, Iwobi and Gomes haven't the physicality, pace, energy, work rate or mentality to achieve that.
But we beat the RS at Anfield thanks to a moment of quality provided by James and then continued to outfight them all over the pitch in a game they were so desperate to win they put VVD in the stands and told Sky to keep showing him sitting there feeling sorry for himself. One player not working like a mule is fine if they have the quality to contribute to a goal or an assist when it counts.

That’s why Benitez went out and bought Gray and Townsend they are quick and can cross, Heading DCL best asset also Richarlison is decent in the air. Last season trying to play though teams at snail pace with Sigs, Gomes and James (at least James can pick a pass but not really often enough) the slow pace was so painful to watch. We need to hit teams on the break and fast wingers help that massively, I like have James here but in reality he’s style doesn’t really work enough to warrant what he gets paid a d the amount of games he plays (which as we know isn’t many)
Townsend hasn't been quick for years.

Exactly mate - we all want to be watching Everton play like Man City but its fantasy with this squad of players.

Our only path to any type of meaningful success is through building a team that can bully, out work & out fight the opposition.

A team still running and pressing at 80 minutes whilst the opposition is blowing for tugs.

But we beat the RS at Anfield thanks to a moment of quality provided by James and then continued to outfight them all over the pitch in a game they were so desperate to win they put VVD in the stands and told Sky to keep showing him sitting there feeling sorry for himself. One player not working like a mule is fine if they have the quality to contribute to a goal or an assist when it counts.

Liverpool were on their arse mate in an empty Anfield and we were compact and defended well the whole game.

A fully packed Anfield and us set up to play attacking "sexy" football that likely doesn't happen and we lose lets be brutally honest with ourselves.

Liverpool were on their arse mate in an empty Anfield and we were compact and defended well the whole game.

A fully packed Anfield and us set up to play attacking "sexy" football that likely doesn't happen and we lose lets be brutally honest with ourselves.
Yeah Liverpool have better attackers and will crush us if we go to attack them (I remember the later Martinez derbys) but my point is we can beat teams with James in the team whatever the situation and can still outperform them if set up right. We played some great stuff on the day even though we primarily set up to defend and yet we could set up to defend effectively with James in the team.

Yeah Liverpool have better attackers and will crush us if we go to attack them (I remember the later Martinez derbys) but my point is we can beat teams with James in the team whatever the situation and can still outperform them if set up right. We played some great stuff on the day even though we primarily set up to defend and yet we could set up to defend effectively with James in the team.

See where you are coming from mate but if we can only sign players by selling James then thats what we need to do.

We finished in the dizzy heights of 10th with him missing near half the season injured. If he stays this season he'll miss another half injured so we'll be stuck with Iwobi in his place and lose him for nothing next summer.

I just dont see what we stand to gain by keeping him. We might finish 9th instead of 10th or we sign two very good players to replace him who can stay fit most if not all the season and we sneak into europe?

Exactly mate - we all want to be watching Everton play like Man City but its fantasy with this squad of players.

Our only path to any type of meaningful success is through building a team that can bully, out work & out fight the opposition.

A team still running and pressing at 80 minutes whilst the opposition is blowing for tugs.
Did you ever see Kevin Sheedy play for us fella.
Didnt tackle , didnt track back ( cos he couldnt ) and looked like he was running in treacle.

One of the 1st names on Kendals teamsheet , he was a manager that saw the quality far outweighed the downsides.
Did he punt him for them downsides or did he ( as any good manager would do ) build a team legs around him to get the best out if him.

Sheedy was absolute class .

You think if Carlo stayed James would have gone? As I don't. That means it isn't really a financial decision. We've halved the cost of what we pay our manager, Bernard has gone, the 160k we were paying Walcott and Bolasie last season has gone. We could have another 100k+ player removed this season too.

Sure to make the PL budget restrictions we could try and sell the whole team but at the end of the day if they were that concerned they would sell Richarlison or DCL not on the cheap but less than they would have wanted. Or at least Kean - sell him for 25 million and that is like 3-4 years of Rodriguez wages + whatever he is on.

If they get rid of James it's more to do with a) does he fit in with the managers plans, b) how much time he stays injury free and c) if you can sell him for 10 million then he's cost us next to nothing and therefore it's good business IF he has no plans to commit to a 3rd year, as come January you would be looking at a replacement anyhow.

I think he'd want to stay more if Carlo stayed...but we'd be still have the same outlook as we wouldn't stop him from leaving if he wanted for us save money on wages.

The idea that Rafael wouldn't want James in the team is madness to me as he's the only world class talent we have. But if there's a clash of styles then it just makes James edge more towards leaving but the club's stance still hasn't changed.

Put it this way, I don't think we make a big signing if another £100k a week player doesn't go be it Mina, Gomes, James.

Did you ever see Kevin Sheedy play for us fella.
Didnt tackle , didnt track back ( cos he couldnt ) and looked like he was running in treacle.

One of the 1st names on Kendals teamsheet , he was a manager that saw the quality far outweighed the downsides.
Did he punt him for them downsides or did he ( as any good manager would do ) build a team legs around him to get the best out if him.

Sheedy was absolute class .

The physicality and pace of the league is massively different to the 80's mate.

Thrse days you need athletes as well as technically good players.

We are crap because we get out paced, out worked and out bullied every single game.

Staying as we is folly we are not a functional PL side these days and James isn't the difference between 7th and 10th never mind 4th-6th.

Also keeping James guarantees half the season of Iwobi starting games...

Status
Not open for further replies.