Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he does worse than Ancelotti then he’s failed

Had he been given a proper budget to spend I would agree but we cant judge when Ancelotti had £70 million to spend and had the benefit of a topsy turvy season including fans at GP over the winter months which many other clubs didn't have due to us being in Tier 2.

Give a bloke £1.5 million to spend is basically telling him to do his best in the circumstances - he'll be under little pressure from the board.

Come on mate if Ancelotti had been given £1.5 million to spend not one person would have been demanding anything from him certainly not top 6 finishes.

Play the ball not the man.
Where exactly does this 'facht' come from? has the window closed - are there no more to be signed? thats what he has spent so far, not the size of the transfer funds???? it is a most spurious argument!

Where exactly does this 'facht' come from? has the window closed - are there no more to be signed? thats what he has spent so far, not the size of the transfer funds???? it is a most spurious argument!

I said last summer Ancelotti's target for me was 7th and if Benitez was given a similiar budget I would have said the same for him but at present he has the following going against him:

1. Net Spend of £800k with just £1.5m spent on a combined 3x players of squad level quality.

2. Rival clubs like Villa, Leicester signing players like Bailey, Soumare. Rival clubs like Utd/Arsenal spending £50+ million on top class international quality players like Sancho and Varane

3. Richarlison missing the first few games of the season due to the Olympics

How anyone can suggest he should be doing any better than 9th-12th at present I don't know.

New research.

Id just repeat that the players they are referencing came from an age with a different type and weight of ball,when the ball was far more in the air and other risk factors like smoking, drinking and bad diet. Today's players are more committed athletes and the game is played on the floor (mostly boringly so)

I think people should probably accept that the board will be happy with mid table security and the expectation isn’t to challenge for Europe. Accept it now and then you won’t fume as much when we finish 11th and Benitez isn’t sacked.

Come on mate if Ancelotti had been given £1.5 million to spend not one person would have been demanding anything from him certainly not top 6 finishes.

Play the ball not the man.
I seem to have missed the press release categorically saying we werent buying anyone else and Benitez had to rely on Sturlas Cheques (for younger readers, payment on the weekly) to buy any more . Any conjecture on how well Benitez does and with what players available to him isnt worth a premature tap now. Best save the "fantastic" adjectives till hes at least shown his hand for a few games methinks.

I said last summer Ancelotti's target for me was 7th and if Benitez was given a similiar budget I would have said the same for him but at present he has the following going against him:

1. Net Spend of £800k with just £1.5m spent on a combined 3x players of squad level quality.

2. Rival clubs like Villa, Leicester signing players like Bailey, Soumare. Rival clubs like Utd/Arsenal spending £50+ million on top class international quality players like Sancho and Varane

How anyone can suggest he should be doing any better than 9th-12th at present I don't know.
but, but, but..... isn't item #1 of his own doing? No one is suggesting he is limited to only spending 1.5M not even the red echo.

He wouldn't do better than 9th-12th anyway. He is garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.