Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who do you know on the board mate , or is it just another thing you made up ?

And 7th to 12th place is NEVER EVER acceptable.

Making up what? Do you really believe both of Richarlison and DCL will still be here come the end of next summers window if we dont get CL football?

Multiple players are out of contract thats factual and Usmanov is giving us a naming rights deal for the stadium again factual.

You've said yourself the ownership dont ever not back the manager the difference this summer is they cant!!

Got to remember though mate a lot of our squad seem terrified of playing infront of fans (same as WHU).

The likes of Keane and Gomes go into their shells - for me last season was too strange to compare to this season - you'll never see Villa put 7 past Liverpool again or that horrendous home form they had at the pit with fans there etc.

Is that true though mate? Last season seems to show we badly missed having our fans, and we get the team over the line far more than we think!

Doesn't exist as FFP only applies to those clubs competing in Europe.
Were we to qualify for Europe at the end of the coming season, then FFP would become an issue.
Currently we're liable for and bound by Premier League Profit and Sustainability rules.
Are they similar or is one more leniant than the other?

Also let's say the premier one was more leniant, if a club then qualified for Europe, FFP would become an issue anyway because it's based on a rolling 3 year period isn't it?

I think our home form should improve but the away form will tail off so largely evens itself out.

Im more worried about our competitors for europe being able to strengthen whilst we stagnate.

I think overall out home form should improve slightly more than our away form tails off. However I'm happy to take it as a net neutral. Either way, our aim needs to be to probably match, if not better the points total.

As you say, it could be 6 or 7 teams above us get a lot better so it becomes harder. It may be the fragmentation of the top 6 continues. I suppose it's why I tend to look how we perform and work back from there, if that makes sense?

He may be the 1st manager who's not backed massively, so that has to be factored in a bit. However again the flip of it is, we had terrible injuries last season, and if he can keep people fit, we have a chance.

I think overall out home form should improve slightly more than our away form tails off. However I'm happy to take it as a net neutral. Either way, our aim needs to be to probably match, if not better the points total.

As you say, it could be 6 or 7 teams above us get a lot better so it becomes harder. It may be the fragmentation of the top 6 continues. I suppose it's why I tend to look how we perform and work back from there, if that makes sense?

He may be the 1st manager who's not backed massively, so that has to be factored in a bit. However again the flip of it is, we had terrible injuries last season, and if he can keep people fit, we have a chance.

For me mate im never fussed about points - Dave talks about the 72 points with Martinez as being some trophy when Moyes finished 4th with a worse points tally. Ultimately you finish in the table where you deserve to be over 38 games it doesn't matter if you get 50 or 60 points if you still finish 10th its all relative imo.

If he's not backed this summer adequately he gets a free pass from me until his 2nd season barring a disaster season.

Can you imagine the excuses the fans would have been coming out with if Ancelotti had only been given £1.5 million to spend!

Status
Not open for further replies.