Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, I don't think it's been a terrible appointment, just as I don't think it's been a great appointment, because I can't have an opinion regardless as we haven't kicked a ball yet.

That's my entire point.

No, what I am now 'aware' of is that we have some truly terrible 'fans'.

Exactly - Alladyce finished 8th with a horrendous squad of players whilst the great Carlo Fantastico finished 10th and 12th with much better players at his disposal.

Calling the apocalypse before a ball has even been kicked is crazy.

Exactly - Alladyce finished 8th with a horrendous squad of players whilst the great Carlo Fantastico finished 10th and 12th with much better players at his disposal.

Calling the apocalypse before a ball has even been kicked is crazy.

I’m not saying I want him to do well more than any manager because I think that’s pushing it but I think we need him to .

The start of last season aside the football was dire under ancelotti and the results were obviously not good enough , the performances of games like Fulham and Newcastle and the rest will stay long in the memory . However he did have good will , rightly or wrongly he did , obviously Benitez hasn’t got that so he’s going to need to get points on the board .

Last year was a weird one for loads of reasons but a couple of loses into wins despite everything it’d have finished completely differently so let’s hope our new man’s still got a little bit Of the RS devil pact left .

I ReSeRvE tHe right To SuPpOrT EvErToN AnD hOpE tHeY Do wElL WhIlE BaDlY WiShInG ThE MaNaGeR DoEsNt Do wEll aNd GeTs SaCkEd.

OK grand pah. You leave them clouds alone. Come inside your pills and tea is ready.

That’s the point , people who’ve spent years following everton sometimes everywhere, often costing them money they can hardly afford are derided as terrible fans, cultists or morons because they didn’t want or even questioned the appointment of Benitez to the Everton job. . That feels like twilight zone stuff .

these spilts are unlikely to disappear, without a successful start or even a decent run they’re likely to widen . I hope it’s never an issue because the fella is a success but if he isn’t it’s only going to get worse and that impacts on all of us possibly for a very long time .

a well .

But even if we do well, all it’ll do is make the pro-Benitez side of the fanbase double down and slaughter the fans that are opposed to him, causing more friction and animosity and making the anti-Benitez fans double down on their stance in retaliation. It’s a never ending cycle of poison that nobody can win.

The board have caused all this by the way.

Nope, I don't think it's been a terrible appointment, just as I don't think it's been a great appointment, because I can't have an opinion regardless as we haven't kicked a ball yet.

That's my entire point.

No, what I am now 'aware' of is that we have some truly terrible 'fans'.
If you can't see that it is a terrible appointment after being a contributor to the insults reactions and over reactions of the previous 440 plus pages then ask yourself this question. Do you think we would have 445 pages of vitriol if any of the other candidates had been appointed? If your answer is no, then surely you can see why it has been a terrible appointment. If your answer is yes then there is really no point in trying any further to debate it with you.

You can't have both - whilst Benitez is manager, if you don't want Everton to do well, you're not an Evertonian. You can't be an Evertonian and have conditions - you either support Everton or you don't. You can disagree with what the club do, but you can't want the club to "not do well" because an employee is employed there.

There's the block button, suggest you use it.
Well, I CAN have both and will do, you don't get to decide this, for me or anyone else. Your suggestion of the block button just shows me and everyone else you can't accept you need to back track. I won't be blocking, this is an open forum and I believe certain views such as the ones you hold and are entitled to have, need challenging and I'll continueto do that. Im off for the evening now, so feel free to try and have the last word as you inevitably will do. Sothen young man, back to your colouring book before you hurt yourself. Ta ta for now

Well, I CAN have both and will do, you don't get to decide this, for me or anyone else. Your suggestion of the block button just shows me and everyone else you can't accept you need to back track. I won't be blocking, this is an open forum and I believe certain views such as the ones you hold and are entitled to have, need challenging and I'll continueto do that. Im off for the evening now, so feel free to try and have the last word as you inevitably will do. Sothen young man, back to your colouring book before you hurt yourself. Ta ta for now

OK mate. So, to be clear, quick hypothetical. Everton win the league, Benitez is manager - how do you feel about that.

But even if we do well, all it’ll do is make the pro-Benitez side of the fanbase double down and slaughter the fans that are opposed to him, causing more friction and animosity and making the anti-Benitez fans double down on their stance in retaliation. It’s a never ending cycle of poison that nobody can win.

The board have caused all this by the way.
To be honest it’s hard to disagree with you but I think that’ll be more of a social media thing because I’ll be honest I’ve not met a single blue who is ‘pro -Benitez ‘ to an extent they could gloat . There are obviously a few who are supportive enough giving him a chance but do you know anyone who is in a position to give it thr big one if he’s a success ? Also if he is I’m not sure I’ll care that I was hugely sceptical really .

Has RaFat Beneathus been sacked yet?

It's only a matter of time

giphy.gif

I’m not saying I want him to do well more than any manager because I think that’s pushing it but I think we need him to .

The start of last season aside the football was dire under ancelotti and the results were obviously not good enough , the performances of games like Fulham and Newcastle and the rest will stay long in the memory . However he did have good will , rightly or wrongly he did , obviously Benitez hasn’t got that so he’s going to need to get points on the board .

Last year was a weird one for loads of reasons but a couple of loses into wins despite everything it’d have finished completely differently so let’s hope our new man’s still got a little bit Of the RS devil pact left .

Ultimately regardless of how well he does the fans have to realise if the board cared a jot what they felt about the man they wouldn't have appointed him.

He's notoriously thick skinned as a manager anyway and the owners wont be attending GP much with Covid still around you imagine.

With our financial situation he is here for at least 2 seasons no way are we going to pay him off barring a disaster season.

Status
Not open for further replies.