Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't sadly. The stop me having a reactions button on here in 2018 :(
I honestly cannot imagine ever wanting Everton to lose no matter who is in charge mate. I want us to win every single game and get gutted when we don't. Who cares who is in charge, managers come and go but its impossible to turn off being a blue, god knows i have tried at times over the past 5 years but i still want us to win every time we play.

The likes of @Kev The Rat & @windymiller thinks they'll be mutiny at the ground but I think the complete opposite tbh 99% will just be happy to be back at Goodison.

I still maintain he has his hands tied at present heading into Southampton with no Talisman Richarlison and still no RB or RW worthy of a starting position.

This summer/season is a time for calm heads - until next summer the budget is limited.
I tend to lean towards their opinion if there’s a bad start , I see all these polls and the like but there simply wouldn’t be discussions like this with anyone else . If it’s a bad start the venom of certain opinions , and despite what others might think I’m far from an extremist , means it’s a potential tinderbox . It won’t take much beer or anything else added to the equation to see it move to the extremes and when you’re taking about extremes, passion and venom it won’t take much to go off .

a couple of good early results and it could certainly alleviate some of that pressure so for all our sakes that’s what I’ll be hoping for.

Can’t blame Ancelotti for leaving. He must have known what we’re seeing played out now. Little prospect of clearing out a squad of overpaid dross. A DoF who doesn’t appear to actually do anything.

Doubt the FSW cares much. A pension top up & he knows he’s got nothing to lose.
He was probably given his war thimble of transfer money and thought to himself I'm not a miracle worker , let the club get someone who they already hate to take away the heat from the abysmal board decisions .

It's not unique to him. @GrandOldTeam has shown several examples. He ran polls on Twitter - every single manager was divisive; indeed, Benitez was less divisive than many others.

What's unique - solely - to him is the type of people it's divisive to. Thick people. Bedwetters. Prejudiced emotional morons. And I say that confidently, because none of them can give me three footballing reasons why he shouldn't have got the job.
He is usually cautious defence-first.

He is usually a high spending manager.

He tends to have a scattergun approach to transfers which involves lots of bodies in and out.

He is not usually interested in giving a big emphasis to developing young players, prefers to work with the finished article.

He comes across as narky in post match interviews with a tendency to throw others under the bus rather than accept responsibility for own decisions or a “ we win as a team, fail as a team, all in it together” approach.

Further to the previous the point, he is good at fuelling fan and board division to favour his own standing.

His winning of trophies is to his credit, but this part of his career is so long ago that it is not very relevant.

He was relegated with Newcastle from a situation that was far from hopeless.

His promotion with Newcastle is to his credit but his performance once promoted was not startlingly good given Steve Bruce has broadly kept up a similar level of performance.

So there are 9 reasons why I have serious misgivings about having him as our manager. I get most of the points why people think he may be a bit or even miles better than I suspect. Only time will tell. But there’s no need to be quite as insulting in your posts,mate, about lads that don’t want him!!!

I just want to see an Everton side playing exciting ,attacking football.
Unfortunately what I expect to see this season is an Everton side spending 70% of most games in our own half desperately defending whilst hoping to snatch a goal on the counter.
Allardycian drudgeball with an Iberian twist.
Maybe the current manager will surprise me , but I doubt it.
Just to reiterate it’s his style of football I despise not the man, him I just dislike.

Inappropriate Behaviour
It's not unique to him. @GrandOldTeam has shown several examples. He ran polls on Twitter - every single manager was divisive; indeed, Benitez was less divisive than many others.

What's unique - solely - to him is the type of people it's divisive to. Thick people. Bedwetters. Prejudiced emotional morons. And I say that confidently, because none of them can give me three footballing reasons why he shouldn't have got the job.
Thick people?

I've forgotten more than you will ever learn you massive Bellend. At least I can look past the colour of somebody's skin colour.

He tends to have a scattergun approach to transfers which involves lots of bodies in and out.

He is not usually interested in giving a big emphasis to developing young players, prefers to work with the finished article.

He comes across as narky in post match interviews with a tendency to throw others under the bus rather than accept responsibility for own decisions or a “ we win as a team, fail as a team, all in it together” approach.

Further to the previous the point, he is good at fuelling fan and board division to favour his own standing.

His winning of trophies is to his credit, but this part of his career is so long ago that it is not very relevant.

His promotion with Newcastle is to his credit but his performance once promoted was not startlingly good given Steve Bruce has broadly kept up a similar level of performance.

So there are 9 reasons why I have serious misgivings about having him as our manager. I get most of the points why people think he may be a bit or even miles better than I suspect. Only time will tell. But there’s no need to be quite as insulting in your posts,mate, about lads that don’t want him!!!
Do I have permission to copy and paste this answer as it's well written , concise and not insulting ? Great post .

Agree with all of them.

Who would you have preferred instead?

One of the issues affecting sensibilities is the near constant success our giant club had enjoyed in recent times-the Brisbane Friendship Cup, the Florida Cup and some Austrian Dairy award-our fanbase’s cup literally runneth over!!
Barney Ancelotti realised we were a club waaaay too big for the likes of him...too much supporter expectation you see. Everton suffers as a consequence of its own huge success...it really is an exasperatingly rum do!!

Can’t blame Ancelotti for leaving. He must have known what we’re seeing played out now. Little prospect of clearing out a squad of overpaid dross. A DoF who doesn’t appear to actually do anything.

Doubt the FSW cares much. A pension top up & he knows he’s got nothing to lose.

Know what i was disgusted over Ancelotti's actions, but now more and more i believe he must have heard something off the board that helped make his decision. We have needed a right back for two years now and suddenly rumours of having a 100m budget for Ancelotti :) have turned to being totally hamstrung by ffp, whilst trying to sell, unsellable players. What a mess only Everton..

And I'd rather have those 'Evertonians' out of the club than Benitez.
Really? You'd rather have committed fans 'out of the club' because they believe the manager is an incompetent idiot and aren't shy about saying it than the most poisonous appointment ever made in our history? Wrath should be rightly aimed at those who appointed him as well, ( it's a disgrace) but that doesn't mean he gets off scot free. We have an absolute right to boo him to hell and back. He gets no leeway at all from me and countless others until he's gone. I want us to do well, but not with him anywhere near us. Watch us lose the first game and what happens then.

I honestly cannot imagine ever wanting Everton to lose no matter who is in charge mate. I want us to win every single game and get gutted when we don't. Who cares who is in charge, managers come and go but its impossible to turn off being a blue, god knows i have tried at times over the past 5 years but i still want us to win every time we play.

It's a strange one buddy.

I definitely didn't mind us losing to City so that they won the title vs Rodgers's Kopites

I was quite happy for us to lose games so that Allardyce got sacked. And to be honest I find the club a bit of a cesspit at the moment so I'm fairly apathetic to our results. Would love to see Benitez sacked.

Really? You'd rather have committed fans 'out of the club' because they believe the manager is an incompetent idiot and aren't shy about saying it than the most poisonous appointment ever made in our history? Wrath should be rightly aimed at those who appointed him as well, ( it's a disgrace) but that doesn't mean he gets off scot free. We have an absolute right to boo him to hell and back. He gets no leeway at all from me and countless others until he's gone. I want us to do well, but not with him anywhere near us. Watch us lose the first game and what happens then.

Yes, absolutely.

Status
Not open for further replies.