New Everton Stadium Discussion

That's great, it's his opinion. The clue is in his post 'I suspect'.

If he had some real inside knowledge he would say he's been told. Not sure where the angry comment comes from, just giving my opinion, that his opinion is just scaremongering and unfounded.

My issue would simply be whether we have the funding in place or not, and if there has been a delay in confirmation of the funding pending external events that the club has no control over, and which is likely to roll-on indefinitely during the build.

It doesn't matter where that message is coming from, only whether or not there is any factual basis for it.

I'm not particularly concerned for now about where this leaves us, but it is concerning it itself.

Right there with you !
Always thought his posts on here were of interest and informative but from what Ive see copied since they are very pessimistic and to suit his latest agenda. (davek like shall we say !!)
While I get and agree with your sentiment, Dave is a master of the arts with his ability to reel people in and cause mayhem, without trying to promote himself.

For me, it appears as if Esk's rhetoric is consistently negative because it's the niche market that keeps him 'important'. In many ways, they're chalk and cheese.

While I get and agree with your sentiment, Dave is a master of the arts with his ability to reel people in and cause mayhem, without trying to promote himself.

For me, it appears as if Esk's rhetoric is consistently negative because it's the niche market that keeps him 'important'. In many ways, they're chalk and cheese.
Yeah don't get me wrong on davek !
I had him on ignore for a couple of years (which doesn't help anyway)
Now I just think he's GOTs version of Jimmy Hill ! I'm sure he's getting paid for it.

What’s his agenda then ?
To interject, I don't think it's an agenda as such be it a concious decision, but over time he has swayed towards a more cautious or pessimistic rhetoric.

We all need reining in from time to time and a balanced perspective is good, yet it wouldn't be unfair to raise questions regarding if this has become a habit.

I don't know the man personally although I know people who talk highly of him as an individual; in terms of Twitter though, it's habitually negative and often wrong.

Sometimes people get stuck in a routine and maybe it's become his niche.

Remember, whatever he says, the opposite is probably true
It would be extremely rare (if not unheard of) to start a commercial development without funding in place. Perhaps Moshiri is happy to take the risk that external funding will become available once the development is underway but is comfortable funding it himself until such time. Worst case would be that he (and his 'friends') end up funding the whole development should external funding not be secured?

I think Esk is just providing an analysis of events as he sees them, with some (prior?) knowledge of how the club works and some connections as a backdrop to his opinion.

You could indeed say that has become more cautious and pessimistic but that to me seems a mere reflection of the direction of travel this club is on, excepting the stadium.

He has been voicing FFP concerns for some time, clearly he wasn't being pessimistic there, more realistic.

I think Esk is just providing an analysis of events as he sees them, with some (prior?) knowledge of how the club works and some connections as a backdrop to his opinion.

You could indeed say that has become more cautious and pessimistic but that to me seems a mere reflection of the direction of travel this club is on, excepting the stadium.

He has been voicing FFP concerns for some time, clearly he wasn't being pessimistic there, more realistic.
Realistically pessimistic yes !
I'd just rather read unrealistic stuff like we don't give a flying one and we're gunna take the authorities on City like .
Maybe that's just me tho !

It would be extremely rare (if not unheard of) to start a commercial development without funding in place. Perhaps Moshiri is happy to take the risk that external funding will become available once the development is underway but is comfortable funding it himself until such time. Worst case would be that he (and his 'friends') end up funding the whole development should external funding not be secured?
It's far from unheard of.... in terms of stadia there are several examples of stalled or incomplete masterplans.

That is not totally true. He said the same last summer and then we spent £60m. We've started the stadium build which he said wouldn't happen without funding.

I just dont get the obsession with knowing the financing structure of it.
I'm not having a dig at you, I just can't understand the whole thing, players, wages, stadium builds. We're fans, not bank managers or stock market traders. The only time funding is an issue is if we can't afford it, so it isn't an issue.

I dont see where it matters whether Moshiri pays for the whole lot, a portion of it, or raids all his kids piggy banks to pay for the final finishes. We get a stadium, we go to watch our team in it, sound. Nobody will be avoiding it or questioning the usefulness of it because the financial structure isn't to their liking, or they think we're paying 0.1% too much in interest.

I’d say it’s an interest rather than an obsession. I think most blues would take an interest in the funding structure should it ever be disclosed. I think those that would choose to ignore it would be in the minority.

The same goes with the other things that you mention, when the club buys a player, people want to know how much he cost, not because they’re an accountant, but because it’s relative to their interest in Everton.

For many it goes beyond that, when Villa or West Ham sign a player they will take an interest in how much has been paid because it’s relative to their interest in competition amongst premier league clubs.

Very very worrying if this is correct. Beginning work on a development of this scale with funding possibly unconfirmed until next year. The uncertainty relative to the ESL isn't going to go away.

Does this guy ever look on the bright side ? Has he ever got any good news about Everton to tell us, just wish he'd have a day off , I mean it's depressing enough at our club at the moment.

Does this guy ever look on the bright side ? Has he ever got any good news about Everton to tell us, just wish he'd have a day off , I mean it's depressing enough at our club at the moment.
He blocked me on twitter during my twitter days, because, and I quote, I asked him for proof, politely, on one of his stadium funding posts. I un-followed him shortly after as I was a bit surprised at his "blocking" !

I see him quoted a lot in various threads and in here but as far as pessimism goes he is defo up there.

He was nothing if not interesting with his ITK stuff back in the day and obviously has some connections within the inner sanctum that is Everton but I'm not sure how much accuracy he has!

Still, all part of the joys of being an Evertonian though.