Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so I don’t worship ancelotti at all and nothing ive said or done seems to suggest I do so stop flogging that ridiculous horse to stop supporting your strange agenda .

secondly I won’t apologise for liking and admiring a supremely talented footballer , if you prefer to not to sound but I can recognise footballing ability .

thirdly if he wants to go sell him but if the manager doesn’t want him and it’s not a financial decision I simply don’t understand it .

Wasn't referring to you mate more the general consenus in the fanbase - we were bang average under Ancelotti yet fans worshipped him. James was missing half the season and had more than a few games of being ineffective/not in the game but again is worshipped as being this magical player who carried us into Europe.

The James situation for me is a mixture of all 3:

1. James will be here a maximum of 12 more months and we then lose him on a free so it makes sense FFP wise to cash in now and reinvest in 1-2 signings.

2. James likely doesnt fancy staying around at a midtable club in cold England without his dad Carlo around to indulge him and give him perks over the rest of the squad.

3. Benitez probably doesn't think James has the phsyical attributes to be effective in his style/willing to put in a shift for the club week in week out.

If he stays great if not its hardly bad news when you factor in the above scenarios.

No doubting it did but to a very small percentage of players, dementia has lots of other elements, drinking was a big culture in quite a few of the top clubs in that era. Just think this is an issue that the press have jumped on and social media is running with. Doubt the stats are available but it would be interesting to know how many headers per game DCL makes compared to say Fred Pickering.
The ball's a lot lighter now. I think cricket is statistically more dangerous but there's no question of substituting the leather cherry with a tennis ball.

Just to be on the safe side though I suggest all footballers wear scrumcaps and they play with the balls they used to sell at Woolies in the 70s with the black spots on. It'd be like Beckenbauer and Cruyff again.

Wasn't referring to you mate more the general consenus in the fanbase - we were bang average under Ancelotti yet fans worshipped him. James was missing half the season and had more than a few games of being ineffective/not in the game but again is worshipped as being this magical player who carried us into Europe.

The James situation for me is a mixture of all 3:

1. James will be here a maximum of 12 more months and we then lose him on a free so it makes sense FFP wise to cash in now and reinvest in 1-2 signings.

2. James likely doesnt fancy staying around at a midtable club in cold England without his dad Carlo around to indulge him and give him perks over the rest of the squad.

3. Benitez probably doesn't think James has the phsyical attributes to be effective in his style/willing to put in a shift for the club week in week out.

If he stays great if not its hardly bad news when you factor in the above scenarios.
Said it in his thread I’m not some Dewy eyed youngster but I’ll feel robbed if I never see him play at goodison , I’m not sure ive ever seen a more talented player in royal blue . I’m not saying the best but his ability is fantastic , part of 15 goals last year and given the number we scored and that he apparently hardly turned up we’d have certainly missed them . Take them out the side and the balls that were part of the build up the manager and those left behind better put some graft in to replace them or not be complaining or if we do and up struggling to score .

Said it in his thread I’m not some Dewy eyed youngster but I’ll feel robbed if I never see him play at goodison , I’m not sure ive ever seen a more talented player in royal blue . I’m not saying the best but his ability is fantastic , part of 15 goals last year and given the number we scored and that he apparently hardly turned up we’d have certainly missed them . Take them out the side and the balls that were part of the build up the manager and those left behind better put some graft in to replace them or not be complaining or if we do and up struggling to score .

The worry for me is he becomes a square peg in a round hole next season. I imagine Benitez will be playing counter attacking football so having fast, quick players will be essential for it to work.

Throw in the supposed tension between manager and player and his tendency to pick up niggles and want a month off I can see it ending in tears if he stays tbh.

I have no idea what your world looks like and I certainly am not supporting Benitez but I just don't understand your logic .
James and Benitez have a history so it seems ust a matter of time before we say goodbye to him .
All the speculation about transfers you mention are hearsay ,no real substance but you deem fit to give it to all and sundry .
Then your best one ,how do you expect "many more sales " when Brands has been trying in vain for years ,yes years ,to move the players you refer to !

These players that you say "Brands has been trying in vain for years" to move on...

Delph: Signed by Brands
Gomes: Signed by Brands
Iwobi: Signed by Brands
Keane: Given an extension, by Brands
Mina: Signed by Brands, 2 years left
Kenny: Offers rejected past 2 summers
Tosun: Fair enough

If theres one person responsible for the majority of this disaster it is Marcel Brands.

As for James, if Benitez doesnt want him then theres not much to say really.

With Benitez making the first three underwhelming signings, James leaving while the dross above are still at the club doesnt reflect well on anyone.

The bizarre thing is with Benitez that hes not actually made an interesting signing and hasnt sanctioned any interesting sales.

Its boring.

These players that you say "Brands has been trying in vain for years" to move on...

If theres one person responsible for the majority of this disaster it is Marcel Brands.

With Benitez making the first three underwhelming signings, James leaving while the dross above are still at the club doesnt reflect well on anyone.

The bizarre thing is with Benitez that hes not actually made an interesting signing and hasnt sanctioned any interesting sales.

Its boring.
I still can’t believe we spent the best part of 40m on Delph and Iwobi when we all knew what the outcome was going to be. To think Brands is paid to make these decisions, that the fan base knew was wrong before they had signed.

Its boring.

What of the other players Brands is said to have signed. You should put all in to provide a balanced view. Add to that the deadwood that Brands has been able to move?

James wont stay as he wont be indulged by Benitez and given a month off whenever he feels a twinge like he would under Carlo.

James and Ancelotti are worshipped so much on here due to what they represent - the Moshiri hopes of Hollywood Football and a return to the glory days when the reality is both are past their best.

We need to start building for the future with players hungry and ready to fight for the shirt.
Sounds like Stoke.
Who needs talented footballers, let's start building the future around Townsend and Iwobi.

Sounds like Stoke.
Who needs talented footballers, let's start building the future around Townsend and Iwobi.

You do realise Man City and Liverpool - the two best sides in recent years are full of quality AND fighters.

As I said our fanbase has been fed on nothing but lazy, slow disinterested players for years and have developed Stockholm Syndrome.

Seeing players actually bust a gut for us will come as a shock for many of you.

It's fairly simple - most people can see the logic in getting rid/him wanting to go, but people also recognise he's a generational talent and want to see him live, regardless of whether it's actually for the best to keep him.

I understand both ways. It's why I'm happy with whatever outcome occurs. But I think if by some miracle he does stay you're going to see flashes of brilliance, lots of time off, and an increasing amount of moaning until he leaves, probably in January, if not no later than next summer to the MLS in all likelihood.

It's fairly simple - most people can see the logic in getting rid/him wanting to go, but people also recognise he's a generational talent and want to see him live, regardless of whether it's actually for the best to keep him.

I understand both ways. It's why I'm happy with whatever outcome occurs. But I think if by some miracle he does stay you're going to see flashes of brilliance, lots of time off, and an increasing amount of moaning until he leaves, probably in January, if not no later than next summer to the MLS in all likelihood.
Spot on.

As much as I would love to see James live ,it is a gamble on whether he will play ,fit or not .For those who didn't see (or went but ) Alex Young or Stanley Matthews ( at least when I started watching ) both were the same as James .All brilliant footballers but frustrating to try to watch .
The thing is he didn't play because he was too tired ,too this and too that last year -and he liked Carlo -no one knows what his mentality will be this season . He thinks he is too good to play for us ,that aswell as his dislike for Benitez is not a good omen .
Yes I know Matthews never played for Everton.

Status
Not open for further replies.