Transfer Rumour Denzel Dumfries

Status
Not open for further replies.

They haven't exactly blown us away so far. We lose the battle in CM most games.
I think they were last together at the end of November early December, when we wouid have been in the top 4. Then it was the last couple of games of the season.

I think for what we needed in midfield, with maybe not having fortunes to spend. They have been good buys for the money IMO. Ok would one midfielder at 40mil been better? Who knows.

I don’t think Allan and Doucoure in exchange for £40m was good business myself.
I thought for the first half of the season before injuries they were the best center mid pairing we’ve had since finishing 4th with Carsley and Gravesen and 20m each was a steal. Hoping they’re fit all next season and it was just covid congestion and a squad without quality in depth that got them last year

I thought for the first half of the season before injuries they were the best center mid pairing we’ve had since finishing 4th with Carsley and Gravesen and 20m each was a steal. Hoping they’re fit all next season and it was just covid congestion and a squad without quality in depth that got them last year

Problem for us is if you play in the PL you need 2 out of your 3 man midfield to have pace and mobility and we haven't/still dont.

Doucoure/Allan/James
Doucoure/Allan/Gylfi
Doucoure/Allan/Gomes
Doucoure/Davies/James
Doucoure/Davies/Gylfi
Doucoure/Davies/Gomes

And so on every combination has us beaten for pace its why for me if James goes im not fussed providing a player with pace and creativity comes in as you'll notice the difference straight away.

Played well at the start, of the season and then at the end of the season when they was back playing doucoure wasn't fit. He was brought back far to early
Plus Carlo is a horrid dinosaur
They're probably our best 2 CMs to be fair to them but Allan lacks pace and seems injury prone and Doucoure's passing can be erratic. They've still got a lot to prove in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.