Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
It wasn't last season. We were also a walking target at home for bottom half teams! It's exactly this sort of mentality amongst the fanbase we need to eradicate otherwise our record against "lesser" teams will never change
That’s why i said no games are easy but easier. Why would we be at home against Norwich or Newcastle dropping hamez and possibly gray. Certainly if we was playing a more difficult team I would want a players who are going to work hard for the team Eg Townsend and can also create at times.

In an ideal world hamez would be 100% fit for all games but it’s never going to happen. That’s why I would rest him for the games where we need more intensity and bring him off the bench

The hope is we will at least get back £10-15m when we finally ship him. He’s been a hideous panic bay, undoubtedly. But the hope is someone desperate will take him.

But it’s Gylfi, always Gylfi… forever remembered as the Crown Jewels of an horrendous season of investment.
Creative midfielder who isn’t creative, can’t take set pieces (including penalties) and is so slow he almost runs backwards.

£45m + 5-years of £125k football = £77.5m + plus the rest, absolutely crab of the highest order.
I don't see anyone paying £10 - 15m for Iwobi, personally.

Worried by St Maximin link Injury prone in my opinion, decent enough player but seems a moody character at times, it's a signing we made three years ago but I don't believe we would now. Not a headline name but Dwight McNeil was an interesting link seems a better fit for Rafael's blues?

Worried by St Maximin link Injury prone in my opinion, decent enough player but seems a moody character at times, it's a signing we made three years ago but I don't believe we would now. Not a headline name but Dwight McNeil was an interesting link seems a better fit for Rafael's blues?
We can’t afford a 15 mil right back so why on earth would we be able to afford a 50 mil winger which is probably Newcastle’s asking price

Said in the James thread then could see James off with Coutinho on loan as his replacement with the money received for James in terms of FFP reinvested on Dumfries and McNeil.

Be happy with that myself.

If we sell James for the same transfer fee as we would pay for Dumfries...thats a sackable offence.

If we pay Coutinho the same wages as we would James then thats a sackable offence.

McNeil is a good young player but we would need to have pace around him...just like we need to have players with pace around James.

If we did sell James then we'd be losing a star player and when you do that you should always replace with two players with high potential.

Thats not going to happen it seems.

Looks like United are signing Trippier, would anyone take Dalot? We were linked before.

Dalot is a good player...ideall loan with option to buy. For me, hes a rung down from Aarons and Emerson but has alot of potential.

Obligatory no-mark American non-goalscoring forward summer link.

I for one welcome the latest Altidore and the legions of American football fans who will swear he's the supreme footballer.

5 goals in 3 games during January.

Then 1 goal for the rest of the season...

If he was from Estonia no one would mention him.

Obligatory no-mark American non-goalscoring forward summer link.

I for one welcome the latest Altidore and the legions of American football fans who will swear he's the supreme footballer.

American here, and Hoppe isn't ready for the PL. He came out of nowhere (zero youth NT appearances) to score five goals in 20 matches for Schalke last year as a 19/20 year old, but is more of a second striker than a #9 or a winger. I honestly wouldn't hate if he stayed at Schalke and played up top every match there to get experience, but they've been shopping him all summer so I think he's gone. Ideally he would go somewhere that has a two striker set up.

All that being said, I actually don't want any promising young American near Everton right now. I didn't want Dike to come and sit on the bench behind DCL and Kean, and don't want Hoppe or anybody else. I love the club but Everton is too toxic right now. Maybe in two years once the purge is complete and Rafael is gone, but we're a dumpster fire and I don't want Everton ruining the other sporting side I love.

Status
Not open for further replies.