2020/21 Fabian Delph

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting the feeling that he's doing this on purpose to get his contract cancelled. This and going to that paper last week, never seen such a tone deaf player at a club before

Why would HE want it cancelled? He's getting paid to sit on his backside and do nothing.

If he refuses to be vaccinated then the club very likely do have legal grounds to terminate him with no pay off.

That doesn't apply in a general sense to every worker, vaccines are personal choice at the end of the day, but in the case of football the government's position is that anyone who isn't vaccinated won't be granted access to stadiums. If he can't be allowed in then it's impossible to, theoretically, name him in a matchday squad. If that scenario were ever to occur, where a player has deliberately and provably made it impossible for a club to use him, then that surely is just cause to terminate.

Same way if a player got a tag and had to be at home by 7pm every night. If every match was after this time then he's made illegal for his club to field him, therefore there would be grounds to cancel his deal.

I'm not an employment law buff (anyone who is please feel free to chime in and correct me!) but either way, just get this man out of our club.

Last edited:

How on earth can a club allow an unvaxed player/member of staff, to mix with the squad? Like, we cant wish Covid away, but its all about controlled risk now.

I assume he'll have to be tested daily (at his own expense I hope) and always wear a mask

I assume he'll have to be tested daily (at his own expense I hope) and always wear a mask

It cuts both ways though. Being vaxxed doesnt guarantee not getting nor spreading it, and I assume the PL will continue the testing they did last season. But him not being vaxxed puts a club "asset" (yeah, I know) at serious risk.

Its a real stunt he has pulled here.

It cuts both ways though. Being vaxxed doesnt guarantee not getting nor spreading it, and I assume the PL will continue the testing they did last season. But him not being vaxxed puts a club "asset" (yeah, I know) at serious risk.

Its a real stunt he has pulled here.
There's no need to resort to that sort of.............. Oh, 'stunt'.

If fans have to be vaccinated to attend matches, im assuming the players and staff will be required too also.

Not sure what happens if he refuses, which he will by the looks of it.

Club surely have legal grounds to cancel his contract in that case. Once the thick boob (I'd really like to use a different 4-letter word) is told that he'll soon get it. Man revels in sucking a wage out of us for nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.