2020/21 Thierry Small

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gibson hasn’t developed as a footballer from the day he signed for us at 16. Given he’s been in our academy that whole time, that actually is our fault. We can’t even produce a player that can hold their own in the Championship at 20/21.

well considering he was a left back when we signed him and is now a centre back you cant say that.
he was just a poor signing.
how many 20 year old centre backs are playing regularly in the championship out of interest?

well considering he was a left back when we signed him and is now a centre back you cant say that.
he was just a poor signing.
how many 20 year old centre backs are playing regularly in the championship out of interest?

He wasn’t a left back though? He was a left footed centre back.

There are plenty of 20 year olds playing premier league football, let alone championship. How many came through the Everton academy? 0 is the answer.

He wasn’t a left back though? He was a left footed centre back.

There are plenty of 20 year olds playing premier league football, let alone championship. How many came through the Everton academy? 0 is the answer.

he was a left back
20 yr old centre backs was the question

I think we will see if things have changed over the next couple of seasons. We seem to have a good young group coming through. Yes it’s unfortunate we may lose one of them.

But with Welch, Onyango, price, Whitaker, Warrington. And Dobbin looks to be flying this season after a year of injuries. Also apparently we have some other very good younger players than them. In the recent under 23 game. I saw a tweet about a 15yr old who was playing, can’t remember his name, but got good reviews.

Who knows if Nkounkou will even still be at the club then, he could be at Amiens or someone. If Small is so highly regarded I’m pretty sure he could compete with him and a past his prime Digne for a first team spot in 3-5 years. But he won’t develop here, because none of our youngsters do, so he’ll be off.
Thats the crux of it

he was a left back
20 yr old centre backs was the question

There are 7 first team centre backs under 21 currently playing in the Championship. Here they are, spot the Everton graduate:

So contrary to what you seem to be suggesting, 20 year olds can actually play in the Championship.

no he wasnt and how can the club be blamed if gibson isnt up to the job at reading?

Thats funny i must of missed the England under 17, 18 & 20 caps and under 17 world cup medal!

You could argue he wasn't prepared properly for someone like Reading, is the under 18s & under 23s too comfortable, the players go out, get challenged and shrink?

38 games for our under 23s is far to many for someone who was rated highly by the club! The Fleetwood loan was a good loan, but a year to late!
If that was done a year earlier, he could of had another season there picking up 50 odd appearances building him up!

There are 7 first team centre backs under 21 currently playing in the Championship. Here they are, spot the Everton graduate:

So contrary to what you seem to be suggesting, 20 year olds can actually play in the Championship.

A grand total of one, yes ONE of those has more championship appearances than Gibson.
I really wish people who know nothing would stop spouting off like they are experts

Thats funny i must of missed the England under 17, 18 & 20 caps and under 17 world cup medal!

You could argue he wasn't prepared properly for someone like Reading, is the under 18s & under 23s too comfortable, the players go out, get challenged and shrink?

38 games for our under 23s is far to many for someone who was rated highly by the club! The Fleetwood loan was a good loan, but a year to late!
If that was done a year earlier, he could of had another season there picking up 50 odd appearances building him up!

He played left back up to the u17s and was the back up left back at the world Cup so wasn't one of the best centre backs of his age.

Now you mention it how many of that u17 world Cup winning team are currently playing regularly in the Premier league now?
2 at best which proves that this isnt just an issue with Everton and Young players

I think we will see if things have changed over the next couple of seasons. We seem to have a good young group coming through. Yes it’s unfortunate we may lose one of them.

But with Welch, Onyango, price, Whitaker, Warrington. And Dobbin looks to be flying this season after a year of injuries. Also apparently we have some other very good younger players than them. In the recent under 23 game. I saw a tweet about a 15yr old who was playing, can’t remember his name, but got good reviews.
That list you have given, they have all impressed me!
But.......................we need to expose them to men's football or risk halting there development, maybe not all of them straight away, but Onyango & Dobbin have played more than enough under 23 football, and possibly Whitaker!
Would it be that harmful to send them to league 1 or 2 sides that have a decent pedigree? Its more about the lessons than the actual quality
I've noticed City & Chelsea have been loaning players out to the likes of Lincoln & Accrington recently, would the likes of Wigan, Tranmere etc take a couple for the season? You could even strike up a coaching deal, were they return to Finch Farm once a week etc
Simms & Gibson both did very well with League 1 loans, but probably went out a year or 2 too late, i dont want to see us make that mistake with these lads

That list you have given, they have all impressed me!
But.......................we need to expose them to men's football or risk halting there development, maybe not all of them straight away, but Onyango & Dobbin have played more than enough under 23 football, and possibly Whitaker!
Would it be that harmful to send them to league 1 or 2 sides that have a decent pedigree? Its more about the lessons than the actual quality
I've noticed City & Chelsea have been loaning players out to the likes of Lincoln & Accrington recently, would the likes of Wigan, Tranmere etc take a couple for the season? You could even strike up a coaching deal, were they return to Finch Farm once a week etc
Simms & Gibson both did very well with League 1 loans, but probably went out a year or 2 too late, i dont want to see us make that mistake with these lads

Dobbin has barely played any u23 football, same with whitaker

A grand total of one, yes ONE of those has more championship appearances than Gibson.
I really wish people who know nothing would stop spouting off like they are experts

So what you’re saying is, it’s unrealistic to expect a 20 year old centre back to start games in the Championship? So we loaned a 20 year old centre back to a Championship club? So that is the club’s fault isn’t it???

Status
Not open for further replies.