2020/21 Thierry Small

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one cares about that. We just did the same thing to Forest with Okoronkwo. It's a case of "whatever".

No, it's the fact he's just decided not to turn up for pre-season training. You're defending him on grounds that don't exist.
He's not signing a pro contract with Everton. He reportedly has no interest in remaining at Everton for the forthcoming season and as a minor he is not contracted to or obliged to come in and train at Finch Farm. It's an open offer from Everton, not a professional or legal obligation.

Come in, do XYZ and if it suits us we'll give you a pro deal. Small looks to have decided to walk away from that - he's not obliged to carry on if he doesn't want the pro deal from Everton.

There's literally nothing to defend. The mutually beneficial arrangement between the club and a schoolboy has come to an end as the schoolboy has chose to do something else. The same way that the club over the years has told countless children that their particular arrangement is done.

Some of those points were made in reference to his lack of "professionalism". From what I can see his actions are no worse than most wantaway players. Especially those heading into a preseason with no signed deal for the forthcoming season.

As for the development fee then not being present for training at the start of his first year eliglible as a pro may affect the training costs that factor into the development fee. I have no real idea how they work but certainly training costs are a thing and where a player is at 17 is another factor. I think it might be buttons initially but could affect future transfers until 23 in terms of a percentage which may well not be buttons.

And who knows, Everton might be a horrible place to go and "work" if you aren't playing ball with Uncle Uzzys money men. If it was my kid at 16 and he/she was getting daily grief or hassle from somewhere they really didn't need to be with a load of other options on the table I'd not be telling him to stick at it.

It's a wild guess as I have no idea what's actually going on but it's as valid a guess I've read on here about his terrible attitude and poor little Ev being held to ransom by a wicked 16 year old and nefarious outside influences.
Just read that we are in contact with him and trying to coax him back to the club.

Bowing to the whims of a 16-year-old.

Professional soccer FOOTBALLERS (that's what they tell me anyway)...

He's not signing a pro contract with Everton. He reportedly has no interest in remaining at Everton for the forthcoming season and as a minor he is not contracted to or obliged to come in and train at Finch Farm. It's an open offer from Everton, not a professional or legal obligation.

Come in, do XYZ and if it suits us we'll give you a pro deal. Small looks to have decided to walk away from that - he's not obliged to carry on if he doesn't want the pro deal from Everton.

There's literally nothing to defend. The mutually beneficial arrangement between the club and a schoolboy has come to an end as the schoolboy has chose to do something else. The same way that the club over the years has told countless children that their particular arrangement is done.
is he basically a free agent now?

He can play now.
Nkounkou gone. No LB left.
At least in pre-season of course :bye:

Wow when did he go and where?

Olympics.

So gone, but will be back.... Unless loaned out. (what he wants)

I didn’t realise GB had a team in the Olympics?

The person before said he had gone to the olympics? I didn’t think GB had a football team

Have I had a stroke

Good luck to the lad at the Olympics.

Going-for-Gold.jpg

My knowledge of 16 year old highly rated prospects coveted by many clubs isn't that good to be fair.

Idealistic notions of professionalism are a nice idea to cling to but the reality is very different. The reality is that very few players conduct themselves with the utmost professionalism when they desire a move and downing tools or being a pain in the arse in one way or another is pretty much the status quo to force a move and has been for a long time. Potential suitors will be more than happy to see him forcing a move and doing anything that lowers his value. His agent / advisors will know this and will have danced this dance many times before.

Selling clubs know it as well so talk of "not for sale" often turns to a reluctant admission of powerlessness and then feeding character assassination pieces to favoured reporters in order to convince of the wisdom of getting shut of a bad apple.

If the boot was on the other foot and Everton were hovering around a young talent they'd absolutely be onto his agent to advise their client to do what's needed to facilitate a move.

It's as "professional" as it gets.
Spot on here!

Also when he signs elsewere, instead of vilifying a 16 year old kid as being a greedy footballer (we will be offering him the same amount as everyone else), i hope there is an investigation by the people higher up at the club why one of our most talented young players in almost a decade had to down tools and felt like he couldnt stay here to progress his career! Why does he feel elsewere is the right move for him?
These questions need to be asked.
Does he not feel hes getting good enough coaching?
Does he feel there is no path to the first team?
Does he look at the likes of Lewis Gibson & feel like we should be doing better with someone who at 17 was one of the best centre halves for his age in the country? And has now come off the back of to many pointless under 23 seasons and a disasterous loan at Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.