Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck keeping James Rodriguez happy sat on Evertons bench when he wasn't happy on Real Madrids.

Add in where is the pot of money to bring in the players to bench Allan/James mate?

But as you like to stress - and we all know - James can't play every game in a season.
There are matches that he won't be fit for, there are matches that he won't be suited to, there are matches where just having another option and James Rodriguez to bring off the bench would be a real boost.

Our DOF needs to get creative and we need to shift players. We've made a half-decent start in getting Bernard out and bringing in 3 players for probably not much more than his wage all told.

As I've said, you (we) have to get away from the idea that there can be any such thing as a 'first XI' if you want us to do something. We can't look at it that way.

We know James can't play every game, so why would it not make sense to have other options in there?

We have the worst wages to turnover ratio in the league right?

Bernard on 120k going will help that alot
We must have dropped 30mil off the wage bill so far. Obviously we’ve added to it, with the new signings.

Still very disappointing a RB hasn’t been added. This has now been going on for 2/3 years

It is time to sack a lot of people on the non-playing side

@AndyC
Could not agree more.

I've felt for a good few years that the club was top heavy with jobsworths and woefully underachieving personnel in a number of areas. Sadly, the hierarchy have chosen to bury their heads in the sand where over-staffing and incompetence are concerned, and bizarrely continue to expand the workforce with no apparent target setting or target incentivised packages to encourage people to over-achieve.

Without proper target setting and packages/incentives based on exceeding said targets, we'll continue to make hardly any progress in commercial terms visa-vie the clubs we're allegedly attempting to compete with... both on and off the field.

Could not agree more.

I've felt for a good few years that the club was top heavy with jobsworths and woefully underachieving personnel in a number of areas. Sadly, the hierarchy have chosen to bury their heads in the sand where over-staffing and incompetence are concerned, and bizarrely continue to expand the workforce with no apparent target setting or target incentivised packages to encourage people to over-achieve.

Without proper target setting and packages/incentives based on exceeding said targets, we'll continue to make hardly any progress in commercial terms visa-vie the clubs we're allegedly attempting to compete with... both on and off the field.

Absolutely right. That graphic from the Athletic shows quite starkly how bad it has got, and how insane our actual wage budget being three times that projection is.

STCC was something the Premier League brought in which main focus was wages, they scrapped it a few years back.
FFP was something UEFA brought in to stop clubs from spending above their means, LOL, I mean no, that wasnt the reason, but thats what they hid behind, its still technically around, but since Covid its become useless and I suspect it will be changed soon.
The Premier League currently has its own rules which focus on profit and loss of the overall business, again with covid it was tweaked, but its still a "thing".

FFP and the Premier League P&L both focus on the profilt and loss of the business and "prevents" clubs from losing more than 105m every 3 year cycle, for context, Everton as a business has lost roughly 300m, in the last 2 years alone, but some of that was for the stadium and with covid some years were averaged.
Stuck in a bad 3 year cycle then.

Could not agree more.

But won't the staff be on peanuts compared to the players? I really don't think the staff pay is the issue here

If the last few games are anything to go by it'll be a 4-2-3-1 / 4-4-1-1 so looking at the squad I still think we're 5 new signings off a competitive XI to tackle the league and 2 cups.

GK: Pickford / Begovic

RB: NEW / Coleman
CB: Mina / Keane
CB: Godfrey /Holgate
LB: Digne / Nkounkou

RM: NEW / Townsend
CM: Doucoure / JPG
CM: Allan / Davies / NEW
CAM: Rodriguez / NEW
LM: Richy / Gray

ST: DCL / NEW

I agree mostly but also this assumes we get rid of Kean, Gomes, Siggy, Delph, Kenny - that would be amazing to get rid of even 1-2. I used to think that Kenny is done and we definitely need a new RB, but I can't help thinking the midfield and RW/CAM/CM are more important, for now, because we need some pace and forward-motion which we are just not getting. Even if Coleman/Kenny can't beat players and cross like Digne, if they can keep shape and not give the ball away at least, it's in the middle we need a lot more pace and quality.

Generally fed up with buying Cast-offs and Man U, Arsenal failures, but Van De Beek might be interesting, would anyone go for Aaron Ramsey (if he'd accept £100k!) - basically from those 5 gaps you're identifying, I think we need 1 young prospect, 1 big money exciting player , 1 cast-off and 2 squad players.

Status
Not open for further replies.