Confirmed Signing Demarai Gray

Status
Not open for further replies.
…..encouraging start by all accounts but the indication is he started really well in Germany and went backwards. I think we’ll have a better idea of his worth by the turn of the year but at least he’s a conventional winger and we’ve needed those for a while.
He didn't play as a winger last night.

…yep, didn’t watch the game but just saw the Benitez interview where he said Gray played behind the striker. Interesting.
Imagine finding out his best position is behind the striker as opposed to where Leicester and the German club played him…

… and he becomes a different beast altogether ?

Imagine finding out his best position is behind the striker as opposed to where Leicester and the German club played him…

… and he becomes a different beast altogether ?

Sometimes a new club/manager makes things tick.

Look at Lingard at West Ham last season even if the goals were a purple patch he looked a lot more dangerous a player than he ever did at Utd.

I consider him a bit of a pace merchant atm (and Townsend a blammo merchant) but there is no reason they can’t be more in the right setup. I don’t think they lack ability. Can we get some composure out of them?

Walcott missed at least 7 wide open chances in Silva’s first year. Nobody can deny his effectiveness at getting in behind. We need Gray to be what Walcott wasn’t in the final 3rd.

Status
Not open for further replies.