Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bloody hell, season aint even started and the window is open for week yet and youv'e written us off...

Dont get me wrong mate never say never but the cards are stacked against us this season FFP is doing exactly what it was intended to do and shackle clubs like us whilst the Utds and Arsenals of the world can keep chucking money around.

Still think we will do better than what we did last season under Ancelotti but the fans have to be realistic in what we can achieve.

We could get top 6/7 but we shouldn't be expecting it is all im saying.

Next summer with the wage bill cut, wasters out of contract, BMD Naming Rights Deal in pay and probably Richarlison off for massive money we'll likely have a big chance to rebuild then but for me this one is about laying solid foundations in place and if we can nick 7th and Europe happy days.

We've hired a mediocre manager, who's best days are long behind him to keep this mediocre squad in the prem until the high earners are gone and BMD is built.

At that point an Everton, whose only real debt is the iconic stadium, will be an easy sell for our owners.
Who makes up stuff like this? That is not how it works, he is here to try to win things, not just exist.

Too much Youtube watching for some conspiracy dudes in here

Dont get me wrong mate never say never but the cards are stacked against us this season FFP is doing exactly what it was intended to do and shackle clubs like us whilst the Utds and Arsenals of the world can keep chucking money around.

Still think we will do better than what we did last season under Ancelotti but the fans have to be realistic in what we can achieve.

We could get top 6/7 but we shouldn't be expecting it is all im saying.

Next summer with the wage bill cut, wasters out of contract, BMD Naming Rights Deal in pay and probably Richarlison off for massive money we'll likely have to big chance to rebuild next summer but for me this one is about laying solid foundations in place and if we can nick 7th and Europe happy days.
I agree with this bit

If the last few games are anything to go by it'll be a 4-2-3-1 / 4-4-1-1 so looking at the squad I still think we're 5 new signings off a competitive XI to tackle the league and 2 cups.

GK: Pickford / Begovic

RB: NEW / Coleman
CB: Mina / Keane
CB: Godfrey /Holgate
LB: Digne / Nkounkou

RM: NEW / Townsend
CM: Doucoure / JPG
CM: Allan / Davies / NEW
CAM: Rodriguez / NEW
LM: Richy / Gray

ST: DCL / NEW
I think it extremely unlikely that we will sign five more players even if some are sold. I presume you are assuming Gomes, Iwobi and Kean are are going because you haven’t listed them? I think we will struggle to shift Iwobi, so he will be in the squad.

Iwobi and Gray are both being tried in CAM so I don’t think there will be a replacement there. A new CM will depend on Gomes.

They may give Gordon a squad role this season for one of the wing berths.

A right back has to be brought in and a second striker if Kean leaves.

We've hired a mediocre manager, who's best days are long behind him to keep this mediocre squad in the prem until the high earners are gone and BMD is built.

At that point an Everton, whose only real debt is the iconic stadium, will be an easy sell for our owners.
I doubt the owners have the end goal of selling. It's far more likely that they want to grow the club to be a valuable asset that can be used as such. There's a lot of ego involved in club ownership these days. They want the club to succeed.
I'm not a Rafael fan and I think there's validity to the theory that he could steady the ship after the likes of Walsh and Koeman. If that's the case, then great, at least there's a plan that's more than throw gobs of cash at it and see what happens.
I just hope he keeps some fun players and doesn't suck the life out of the club in the process.

I think it extremely unlikely that we will sign five more players even if some are sold. I presume you are assuming Gomes, Iwobi and Kean are are going because you haven’t listed them? I think we will struggle to shift Iwobi, so he will be in the squad.

Iwobi and Gray are both being tried in CAM so I don’t think there will be a replacement there. A new CM will depend on Gomes.

They may give Gordon a squad role this season for one of the wing berths.

A right back has to be brought in and a second striker if Kean leaves.

I don't know if they'll get sold I just didn't include them as they're crap.

We need about 6 quality signings mate, it just isn’t happening. West Ham aren’t getting top 7 either.
The top 5/6 clubs have got amazing squads, way ahead of ours, I agree however, that does not mean we have just given up. Benitez and Mosh want to win things and will try to do so which includes investing in good players

Who makes up stuff like this? That is not how it works, he is here to try to win things, not just exist.

Too much Youtube watching for some conspiracy dudes in here

Try and win things lol.

Do you think Benitez was told that he’d be expected to finish top 6 and win a trophy this season and then Benitez says ‘Right, I better call Andros Townsend’

He’s been told to keep us mid table with a push for top 8 at best.

Try and win things lol.

Do you think Benitez was told that he’d be expected to finish top 6 and win a trophy this season and then Benitez says ‘Right, I better call Andros Townsend’

He’s been told to keep us mid table with a push for top 8 at best.
A: how on earth would you know this

B: utter tosh, as if our owner has asked our new manager to keep us mid table, it beggars belief that people actually think this.

Status
Not open for further replies.