Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have they been run off by our 1-1 draw with a Colombian side in a pre-season friendly? Impressive stuff, I assume you have put your mortgage on the burnt orange boys winning the league?
It was an impressive run out against a well known South American team well into their season.

We look competitive. The new signings all played well.

We'd have been given a hiding if Ancelotti had taken that game.

The absence of Ferguson probably also contributed to a more professional approach.

It was an impressive run out against a well known South American team well into their season.

The absence of Ferguson probably also contributed to a more professional approach.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

FAT FAT FAT

SACK SACK SACK

Keep drinking the Kool Aid, Dave. See you after the derby.

So well known that some posters didn’t know which South American country they were from

tenor.gif

Piggy's at the wheel,
Tell me how does it feel,
We’ve got Townsend, Iwobi and Grey,
Tom Davies, a Blue born and bred,
Duh du, du du du du du!
Duh du, du du du du du!

I'm very open minded me about Rafael, hoping with every ounce of my hope genes he does well for us and he's got my 100% support, as every other manager who's joined us since I was born has. I'm an Evertonian Duh :coffee:

However this thread baffles me with folk hating the guy from the second he joined, and why? oh yes because he insulted us and said we were a small clublol

Good job I'm not as thin skinned after going to Annie Comp for 5 years, I'd be a trembling wreck.

Carlo had my support, he lost it though at the end of the season, not because of the shambles he caused against the likes of relegated Sheffield Utd, but because of his apparent lack of ability to change things around when needed, and also his demeanor after losses. It told me Everton meant nothing to him, and so it was proved. Glad he scurried off. Funny thing is the disciples would be sending hate mail to you if you questioned him at the time. The bloke was becoming an unhealthy untouchable.

Now Rafael? as I say I'm open minded. Nope not by any stretch of the imagination as a true blue did I want him.
However given the choice between him, Potter, Nunes,Howe and the fact we set our sights so low I was pleased when he signed.

So far the guy has spent peanuts and improved the strength in depth in a far more thought out and cost effective way than Silva or God Ancelotti had ever done.
Players seem to rate him too.

He's had 3 warm up games an won all 3, yep the 3rd one on pens but still a win, so how can we slate him?

Rafael never picked these games either, he just did what was asked of him.
They were warm ups too,not proper matches. No way do teams go flat out in these matches, we know (hopefully) Everton would easily batter last nights opponents if needed.

It's a bit like F1 teams in Friday practice, they don't go flat out for a lap record and purple sectors, they are just bedding themselves in and giving nothing away to the opposition. Martin Brundle calls it sand bagging. And it's just what we're doing now.

If Rafael shows the same degree of cluelesness Carlo showed in the next 18 months I'd make my mind up then, but not now.
Give him a break, he's far more likely to "want" to succeed than Ancelotti too.

Jeez he lives here, wants to stay and work here and I believe he'll do all he can to make it happen, he won't be swayed as easily as Carlo.

Early signs for me are positive and I think he'll get more from this squad than people think.
It'd be so sweet too for him to prove he can do it on both sides of the park.

Let's give him the undying support we gave Ancelotti as he was bombing, not kill the guy after his first loss;)

One game - more entertaining football played from the 2nd half onwards than Carlo's last 12 league games --- RB at the sidelines giving instructions not stood there like a dummy -
Very early days - but it's a start - Broad head looked better than our big signing Keene - why did Carlo not promote him to the bench etc - Gibson ooozed class at the back etc - early days but any Manager taking us over had a massive job on who ever it was .......
Stayed up enjoyed the game in phases .....

Several people summed it up in the most fair of ways: It's our club and as long as Benitez is in charge he is our manager too, it's not like you have a lot of other options than getting behind it and at least give him a chance.

Sure it's harder being an evertonian these days, more than it has been for a long time to be honest, and i won't blame those who lose interest and just stop following. Whatever, it's your own life and time.

I for one am still intrigued, and honestly even regardless of the results, am looking forward to seeing how Benitez' Everton team gets on.

Status
Not open for further replies.