2020/21 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is supposed to prefer playing centrally, but his one outing in that position under Carlo that I remember wasn’t great.

I don’t think he will be sold but his book value must be about £16.5m now so it’s becoming more possible.

I reality I think he is here for this season, so I think he is more likely to get a chance centrally given all the wingers we are signing.
He played centrally for 30 mins against Burnley, when the team was really really poor however he was our best player.

IMO his attributes clearly suit playing centrally and he has showed enough there to deserve having another look at.

3 of our big signings get criticised more than anyone, Iwobi, Gomes and Sigurdsson. 2 of these get to play in there favoured position week in week out whilst the other gets shoe horned into a wing back role.

I’m quietly confident Iwobi will surprise a few this year and he’d do a lot better than both Sigurdsson and Gomes, in a central role, if he was given the opportunities they’ve been given,

The fact that he’s one of our lowest earners and on half the pay of the other 2 listed, means he’s worth giving an opportunity to.

I think Benitez is going to like him.

He played centrally for 30 mins against Burnley, when the team was really really poor however he was our best player.

IMO his attributes clearly suit playing centrally and he has showed enough there to deserve having another look at.

3 of our big signings get criticised more than anyone, Iwobi, Gomes and Sigurdsson. 2 of these get to play in there favoured position week in week out whilst the other gets shoe horned into a wing back role.

I’m quietly confident Iwobi will surprise a few this year and he’d do a lot better than both Sigurdsson and Gomes, in a central role, if he was given the opportunities they’ve been given,

The fact that he’s one of our lowest earners and on half the pay of the other 2 listed, means he’s worth giving an opportunity to.

Take a look at the match thread from that Burnley game...

@ForeverBlue92

In depth analysis please...

Its Alex Iwobi day

Iwobi has played under more Everton managers than hes scored goals.

Take a look at the match thread from that Burnley game...
I don’t care what the match thread says. People already have there minds made up, many even before he’d played a game for us, therefore whatever he does will be irrelevant unless it’s done on a consistent basis.

I know what I seen and he was by far a best player during that first 35 mins. Admittedly, it didn’t take much doing on the day. I knew when I watched DCL that he has all the attributes be a top player for us but it didn’t stop people criticising him for a long, long time and refusing to see any positives.

There was also lots of evidence provided by others in the days following to back up his contribution.

He hat been poor for us but I really want him to do well.

I share that sentiment, but the signs aren't great. We gain nothing as a club by having underperforming players or ones who never improve. All too rare an occurance though. It's more pleasurable seeing a player turn it around than moaning about them for seasons on end. He
Agree entirely.
It will be very difficult for him to turn things round, but I like an underdog and I hate the abuse he gets on here, it gets really personal.
In the end he will probably do another season then move.

I don’t care what the match thread says. People already have there minds made up, many even before he’d played a game for us, therefore whatever he does will be irrelevant unless it’s done on a consistent basis.

I know what I seen and he was by far a best player during that first 35 mins. Admittedly, it didn’t take much doing on the day. I knew when I watched DCL that he has all the attributes be a top player for us but it didn’t stop people criticising him for a long, long time and refusing to see any positives.

There was also lots of evidence provided by others in the days following to back up his contribution.

The only positive is the day he leaves.

Last chance saloon for Iwobi this season. Still think he has something to offer and after all is one of the more experienced guys up front for us now, in terms of years served for Everton.

Lots and lots of sentiment from our fans to turn around but now is a better time than ever

He’s not good enough let’s be honest, but the only flashes we’ve seen from him have been when he’s played or drifted centrally.

West Ham at home he played a number of good through balls. Seem to remember Burnley at home he played a couple too despite us being so tragic that day that he was shifted back out wide after about 20 minutes.

Seeing as he’s not going anywhere, and it’s possible that we won’t have either of our typical #10s next year, we might as well give him a go there as he’s pointless out wide.

Status
Not open for further replies.