Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn’t Kendall sign about 6/7 players when he first arrived Jim Arnold, Alan Ainscow, mick Ferguson and others I can’t remember and look how that turned out, what I’m saying we can all moan and grumble as much as we like we just don’t know what the future hold, just enjoy the ride.
So there are a few bits to break down here really , Howard did indeed sign the not so ‘magnificent 7’ but i’m not sure I’d hold them up as an example as with the exception , and it’s a truly magnificent exception, of the Greatest keeper ever the rest were a disappointment.

I do however accept that with multiple keepers on the bench last year we need squad depth so boosting that squad probably isn’t a bad thing even if it’s mostly never mind the quality feel the width type additions at present .

finally i know they do the same job but at this minute I don’t really feel comfortable with the current incumbent being mentioned in the same conversation as a true Everton great in Howard Kendall .

I think the comments from both signings today have been brilliant.
They have and it’s nice but given the life of an Evertonian and the events of the last few months in particular, from the previous manager getting off to the new one’s appointment to players being suspended and worse I think we’re all a little bit weary and nice words will only go so far .

What ambitions do the signings of Berkovic Townsend and Gray suggest?
Are we going to win anything or are we going down?
Or are we going to have more meaningless seasons?

So there are a few bits to break down here really , Howard did indeed sign the not so ‘magnificent 7’ but i’m not sure I’d hold them up as an example as with the exception , and it’s a truly magnificent exception, of the Greatest keeper ever the rest were a disappointment.

I do however accept that with multiple keepers on the bench last year we need squad depth so boosting that squad probably isn’t a bad thing even if it’s mostly never mind the quality feel the width type additions at present .

finally i know they do the same job but at this minute I don’t really feel comfortable with the current incumbent being mentioned in the same conversation as a true Everton great in Howard Kendall .
You’ll get no argument from me regarding your last paragraph, suppose the point I’m making is those garbage signing with the exception of Southall obviously gave Kendall the breathing space he needed to later buy the players he did to become the great manager he was. But let’s not forget what a close call it was, possibly a Adrian Heath equaliser away from the sack.

You’ll get no argument from me regarding your last paragraph, suppose the point I’m making is those garbage signing with the exception of Southall obviously gave Kendall the breathing space he needed to later buy the players he did to become the great manager he was. But let’s not forget what a close call it was, possibly a Adrian Heath equaliser away from the sack.
Yeah maybe mate , I just think he was clearing the decks and making his mark Apart from the legendary keeper All his better signings happened over the next year I think .

I’ve no idea how this turns out and I will accept we need a bit of depth , a couple of quality additions and these look a lot better than they do now but If it’s more of the same the only people happy will be the licensees of the brick and the oak .

What ambitions do the signings of Berkovic Townsend and Gray suggest?
Are we going to win anything or are we going down?
Or are we going to have more meaningless seasons?
I imagine the ambition is that we don't have to go into a Premier League game with a bench like this again

1626809479264.png

Status
Not open for further replies.