Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit concerned we are going to end up struggling to create anything centrally. We have no goals or invention in midfield

….Reid and Bracewell played centrally in our great team of of the mid-80s & hardly crossed the half way line. Two defensive CMs is a decent team model if there’s genuine goal and creative threat out wide and in central attacking positions.

A triple unveiling of Begovic, Gray and Townsend. lol lol
A trinity to compare with Ball, Harvey and Kendall that.

I'm sure they'll do their best if they come and might enable us to navigate some of the driftwood out and some top quality in, but right now I am struggling with those names. I wish them all well but it's hard to get the enthusiasm up right now.

Carlo also used to put 2 keepers on the bench because he didn't sign any squad players like Townsend

The squad was plenty big enough - or would have been if we hadn’t signed such perma crock midfielders. We don’t need more numbers we need more (reliable) quality.

A trinity to compare with Ball, Harvey and Kendall that.

I'm sure they'll do their best if they come and might enable us to navigate some of the driftwood out and some top quality in, but right now I am struggling with those names. I wish them all well but it's hard to get the enthusiasm up right now.
Begovic is fine as a backup keeper. He’s not great or anything but he’s… fine.

Gray is a very low risk signing with actually a potentially decent up-side. He’s still relatively young (can’t believe he’s only just turned 25) and has shown at least some promise and ability.

Townsend is the one I don’t understand.

Begovic is fine as a backup keeper. He’s not great or anything but he’s… fine.

Gray is a very low risk signing with actually a potentially decent up-side. He’s still relatively young (can’t believe he’s only just turned 25) and has shown at least some promise and ability.

Townsend is the one I don’t understand.
They're all squad players for me. I've nowt against them and hope they do well. Time will tell but I hope we get a couple of players who have the quality to be first teamers in a team that is challenging for Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.