Transfer Rumour Denzel Dumfries

Status
Not open for further replies.

I dont rate Dumfries at all...

Funny thing is that were linked to players at the moment who could put crosses in for DCL.

This guy cant cross...he cant pass well and doesnt have any outstanding football ability...

For £14mil hes probably ok as a stopgap but with Aarons and Emerson available it really makes no sense to me at all.

I didnt watch the euros but the way people talk about his goals, those were his first goals for Holland.

Funny thing is that were linked to players at the moment who could put crosses in for DCL.

This guy cant cross...he cant pass well and doesnt have any outstanding football ability...

For £14mil hes probably ok as a stopgap but with Aarons and Emerson available it really makes no sense to me at all.

I didnt watch the euros but the way people talk about his goals, those were his first goals for Holland.

Emerson is not very good, Dumfries a far better option.

he can’t dribble, fumbles a lot, and somewhat clumsy. His strength are pace and physically strong. I agree with you he is not a classy player but will somehow be effective in his own way.

I watched a fair bit of him and if signed he will surprise you given how low you rate him

We need an overlapping wing back which he can do all day and his power makes him a formidable attacking options from crosses from the left hence his goal ratio admittedly in Holland but I'd argue that league is on par with the Championship.

He will be cheaper and more effective than Aarons or Emerson in this system. The lad can defend for a start, he isn't a failed midfielder chuck on the right because he's fast. He has the turn of pace, strength and intellegence too

His cameo in the Euros was what we will be getting a full back who is a threat.

His range of passing is very clear to see so let's knock that rumours on the head.

Plus all this he can't cross, we had Hibbert and Coleman for the past 15 years, if that's the bar, he'll smash it and more.

Top top signing

Last edited:

Emerson is a left back?

Our current first choice right back option can’t cross, struggles to control the ball, can’t shoot, doesn’t have good passing, can’t use his eft foot at all.

Dumfries would have to be utterly terrible to be worse than Coleman is.

Status
Not open for further replies.