Goats squad analysis thread 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Squad needs nuking.

Pretty much. You can count the players that are good enough on two hands if you're being charitable about it.

FSW has a lot of work ahead of him. The one good thing I will say about it is that while he may be an acerbic jerk, he also likes a challenge like ours.

I'm not sure Carlo does, which is why he went back to the pit of vipers that is the Madrid dressing room.

Pretty much. You can count the players that are good enough on two hands if you're being charitable about it.

FSW has a lot of work ahead of him. The one good thing I will say about it is that while he may be an acerbic jerk, he also likes a challenge like ours.

I'm not sure Carlo does, which is why he went back to the pit of vipers that is the Madrid dressing room.

This season is a write off for me. Couldn’t care less at this point what happens.

Tactical approach for next season:

Develop two different teams. One team for when we’re evenly matched / favourites to win and one for when we’re the underdogs.

Team A (evenly matched / expected to win)
Formation: 4-2-3-1
Style: Dominate the ball, get full backs high up the field, press high and win it back quickly
Notes: New RM would be left footed with an athletic RB on the overlap. CB’s are the fastest of the 4 we have available.

GK: Pickford
RB: NEW
LB: Digne
CB: Godfrey
CB: Holgate
CM: Allan
CM: Doucoure
AM: James
RM: NEW
LM: Richarlison
ST: Calvert-Lewin

Team B (underdogs)
Formation: 5-2-3
Style: Deeper defensive line, look to exploit teams on the counter attack, centre forward drops in to get on the ball with the two wider forwards actually playing quite central and running in behind.
Notes: CB’s this time better suited to heading, blocks and interceptions, new signing in FW positions must have pace.

CB: Keane
CB: Mina
RWB: NEW
LWB: Digne
CM: Gbamin
LF: NEW
RF: Richarlison

I feel that a “horses for courses” approach would work best for us; we don’t have the option to impose ourselves on every game in the same way as the top teams do. Grind it out against the big boys, should be the way forward.

Grim that squad in places, strikers need strengthening for a start and everyone knows what we need.

Manager: Undefined

Goalkeepers (2)
Jordan Pickford (HG)
Asmir Begović (HG)
João Virginia (UA)

Right Backs (2)
Séamus Coleman
Jonjoe Kenny (HG)

Left Backs (2)
Lucas Digne
Niels Nkounkou (UA)

Centre Backs (5)
Yerry Mina
Michael Keane (HG)
Mason Holgate (HG)
Ben Godfrey (HG)
Jarrad Branthwaite (UA)

Midfield (7)
Allan
André Gomes
Abdoulaye Doucouré
Jean-Philippe Gbamin
Gylfi Sigurðsson (HG)
Tom Davies (HG)
Fabian Delph (HG)

Wide Forwards (5)
Richarlison
James Rodríguez
Bernard
Alex Iwobi (HG)
Anthony Gordon (UA)

Strikers (3)
Dominic Calvert-Lewin (HG)
Moise Kean
Cenk Tosun

Total players: 27

Players purchased so far:

Begovic,

Players culled so far:

Non-HG players: 12
Homegrown players: 11
UnderAge players: 4

Goalkeepers (2)
Jordan Pickford (HG)
Asmir Begović (HG)
João Virginia (UA)

Right Backs (2)
Séamus Coleman
Jonjoe Kenny (HG)

Left Backs (2)
Lucas Digne
Niels Nkounkou (UA)

Centre Backs (5)
Yerry Mina
Michael Keane (HG)
Mason Holgate (HG)
Ben Godfrey (HG)
Jarrad Branthwaite (UA)

Midfield (7)
Allan
André Gomes
Abdoulaye Doucouré
Jean-Philippe Gbamin
Gylfi Sigurðsson (HG)
Tom Davies (HG)
Fabian Delph (HG)

Wide Forwards (5)
Richarlison
James Rodríguez
Andros Townsend (HG)
Demarai Gray (HG)
Bernard
Alex Iwobi (HG)
Anthony Gordon (UA)

Strikers (3)
Moise Kean
Cenk Tosun

Total players: 29

Begovic, Townsend, Gray

Players culled so far:

Homegrown players: 13

So my analyses: 29 players.
Realistically to go: Bernard, Kenny, Tosun (winter/next summer), Gordon (loan), Branthwaite or other senior CB (seeing Benitez likes to play 5 CB's i could see only 1 leaving)
Realistically new players: a right back, a centre back (seeing all the rumours) and maybe a Rondon type of experienced back up.

Lot will depend on James, Kean, and maybe Iwobi or Sigurddson to leave for any more additions.

So my analyses: 29 players.
Realistically to go: Bernard, Kenny, Tosun (winter/next summer), Gordon (loan), Branthwaite or other senior CB (seeing Benitez likes to play 5 CB's i could see only 1 leaving)
Realistically new players: a right back, a centre back (seeing all the rumours) and maybe a Rondon type of experienced back up.

Lot will depend on James, Kean, and maybe Iwobi or Sigurddson to leave for any more additions.

Ideal world leaving would be:
Kenny, Keane, Davies, Siggurdson, Bernard, Tosun.

I’m hoping Gbamin and Kean can stay fit/focussed and give us some genuine options in the squad. Then we’re a right back and probably another central midfielder or two away from something resembling an ok squad.

Goalkeepers (2)
Jordan Pickford (HG)
Asmir Begović (HG)
João Virginia (UA)

Right Backs (2)
Séamus Coleman
Jonjoe Kenny (HG)

Left Backs (2)
Lucas Digne
Niels Nkounkou (UA)

Centre Backs (5)
Yerry Mina
Michael Keane (HG)
Mason Holgate (HG)
Ben Godfrey (HG)
Jarrad Branthwaite (UA)

Midfield (7)
Allan
André Gomes
Abdoulaye Doucouré
Jean-Philippe Gbamin
Gylfi Sigurðsson (HG)
Tom Davies (HG)
Fabian Delph (HG)

Wide Forwards (5)
Richarlison
James Rodríguez
Andros Townsend (HG)
Demarai Gray (HG)
Bernard
Alex Iwobi (HG)
Anthony Gordon (UA)

Strikers (3)
Moise Kean
Cenk Tosun

Total players: 29

Begovic, Townsend, Gray

Players culled so far:

Homegrown players: 13
Next signing should be a bloke with a machine gun

Tactical approach for next season:

Develop two different teams. One team for when we’re evenly matched / favourites to win and one for when we’re the underdogs.

Team A (evenly matched / expected to win)
Formation: 4-2-3-1
Style: Dominate the ball, get full backs high up the field, press high and win it back quickly
Notes: New RM would be left footed with an athletic RB on the overlap. CB’s are the fastest of the 4 we have available.

RB: NEW
LB: Digne
CB: Holgate
CM: Doucoure
AM: James
RM: NEW
LM: Richarlison

Team B (underdogs)
Formation: 5-2-3
Style: Deeper defensive line, look to exploit teams on the counter attack, centre forward drops in to get on the ball with the two wider forwards actually playing quite central and running in behind.
Notes: CB’s this time better suited to heading, blocks and interceptions, new signing in FW positions must have pace.

CB: Keane
CB: Mina
RWB: NEW
LWB: Digne
CM: Gbamin
LF: NEW
RF: Richarlison

I feel that a “horses for courses” approach would work best for us; we don’t have the option to impose ourselves on every game in the same way as the top teams do. Grind it out against the big boys, should be the way forward.
Do you own a PlayStation or an Xbox by any chance ??

Status
Not open for further replies.