Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was ultra-defensive at Newcastle, his most recent PL job, does that not count as evidence?
Different squad different situation
No flair up front
No money from Ashley
A mandate to keep the club up after promotion
Very different
My reading tells me he adapts well to whatever is presented to him
I believe he will make us solid at the back. Uh I also feel some young players with flair will get a shot

Am I seeing this? Folk setting the bar low because the squad is crap. The same squad the same people were screeching about Ancelotti over for not playing total football and finishing 3rd?

Super stuff.
I don't think the bar should be set low.
I think there is a very good core of players there which should be good enough for at least eight if properly managed.

The transfer activity during the ret of the window will clearly influence the quality of the team as well .

I think we are probably three or four players from having a first eleven as good as any in top six.
That means we already have seven or eight in place.
It may take a couple of years to get the squad as strong as the first eleven.

This is where the development of Branthwaite, Gordon,Onyango,Gibson,Small ? and others is vital.

Here's an idea..... Pop the thread on ignore??? Maybe it will help you not to get so angry - or do you like talking about subjects you don't like? ...... There's a David Moyes thread knocking about where we can celebrate 10 years of nowt under a manager who got shed loads of leniency for wait for it ........"the people's club"

Proper hairs on the back of the neck stuff.
I'm enjoying myself, it's you who seems to be having the problem. Why don't you kick back, put the Istanbul DVD on and indulge in some sensual onanism.

Different squad different situation
No flair up front
No money from Ashley
A mandate to keep the club up after promotion
Very different
My reading tells me he adapts well to whatever is presented to him
I believe he will make us solid at the back. Uh I also feel some young players with flair will get a shot
We'll find out how wrong you are soon enough.

Key things from his presser:
-James picked up a calf strain against Accrington, nothing serious
-Benitez is happy with the squad, everybody will get a chance to impress. We will add to the squad if things happen in the transfer market
-Expect Kean, Richarlison, DCL and James to stay
-New 3 year contract for Sigurdsson almost done

LOL
Probably the most accurate prediction written on here for the past three years lol

Status
Not open for further replies.