When Skies are Grey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harry Catterick

Player Valuation: £500k
Does anyone know what’s happened with this fanzine? I’ve had a subscription paid quarterly for many years through iTunes but the last one didn’t renew and I can no longer access it. Emails to WSAG are not answered

That sentence and how it is said from when I was a kid to go over and watch my first game. Always feel 100% everton.

'Wen skaaaais ar glrai'

Dunno, I recently messaged them to see if all their issues were still available for 2£ in digital format as their website states, but it was only read with no answer.

You are off topic and probably drunk. This is about an Everton fanzine, please don't litter it. Some people might be interested on the issues.

Think I missed the first ever issue but got it from issue No: 2 from the island on Goodison Road,never missed it until it went digital three or four years ago maybe?Some great writers in particular in the early days,FP McConville(RIP),the overseas correspondent,the cartoon "laugh along with those loveable reds"was the stuff of genius,I remember the very apt total black cover the day of the infamous Wimbledon game,to me that fanzine pretty much summed up what being an Evertonian was all about lol

Brilliant early on loads of great funny stories in there no idea we’re all of mine are now. My memory might be playing tricks but am sure a fella called Stan who was a youth team player in the 70s would send in some belter stories

Brilliant early on loads of great funny stories in there no idea we’re all of mine are now. My memory might be playing tricks but am sure a fella called Stan who was a youth team player in the 70s would send in some belter stories
Stan Osborne is his name. Wrote a book called " Making the Grade" about his days at Everton. Think you can still buy it on Amazon.

Think I missed the first ever issue but got it from issue No: 2 from the island on Goodison Road,never missed it until it went digital three or four years ago maybe?Some great writers in particular in the early days,FP McConville(RIP),the overseas correspondent,the cartoon "laugh along with those loveable reds"was the stuff of genius,I remember the very apt total black cover the day of the infamous Wimbledon game,to me that fanzine pretty much summed up what being an Evertonian was all about lol

“What would Shanks have said” was another good feature.

I loved that fanzine.

And indeed the whole fanzine movement of the late 80s and into the 90s.

Status
Not open for further replies.